after stage what ?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cleon said:
dan have you listen to sa103?
Not yet...waiting for the store near me to get one in. There was a user here who has not stopped by in awhile, Audio Pharaoh, who I believe has heard it. But I cannot remember his comments on it. He recently switched from the 102 to the REF and loves it.

Personally I like the look of the 102 compared to the 103. But sound is what it is all about, and I could learn to live :D with the looks of the 103 if it bettered the sound of the 102.

Dan

i hope that they'll keep the siltech wiring.Ref probably is good but at this price you can have the dream named halcro... ;)

cleon said:
ps what speakers do you have ?
I have CLSIIZ's

For the price of an EMM Labs setup, I would get a player modded by one of the Wrights or Peychev and use the extra money on the rest of the setup.

I am thinking of getting a pair of summits and matching them with a used Plinius SA-102. If I was to buy a used Pinius SA-102 what would you consider to be a fair the range of price?

I'm a big fan of the Plinius amps.

The S400 might drive Maxx2's decently. It isn't the synergy I'd go for. I currently am using the S400 with my Summits. I'm extremely happy with the sound.

Gale Sanders used the old VTL Wotan for the Statements that were in his house. I know he switched them out for the Siegfrieds. Interestingly I believe he used 2 for each speaker. About $250k just for speakers and amplification.

The MB185 is nice on smaller speakers, but you really need to go big with VTL to get the most out of them. The MB185 might be better with a Summit or Vantage where its only powering the panel.

I'd rather go with a Plinius SA-250 if I'm looking in the under $10k price range. Over $10k and I'd suggest the S400 by VTL.

bdmunn said:
I am thinking of getting a pair of summits and matching them with a used Plinius SA-102. If I was to buy a used Pinius SA-102 what would you consider to be a fair the range of price?
I have seen them priced from $2200 - $3800 on Audiogon. Recently there was one on Audiogon for $2800, which to me is more around the price range to look for used. Store demo could cost you a little more.

Dan

Latest posts

Back