Affect the Summit/Vantage has on Ascent i Value?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dominick22

Reaction score
I have currently owned a pair of ascent i's for about a year. I was wondering what the market trend was for Martin Logan speakers that were phased out???

Should we expect the average retail value on the ascent i's to go up or down since they were phased out??

Normally, this would be a no brainer except that I would rather own the ascent's over the vantage, which is the comparable speaker in price, so I am sure others feel this way as well. And the Summit is double the cost so it is out of the picture for many as well.

I am thinking that this leaves the ascent i at a very marketable price range. Maybe even better than before you could buy it at the store.?

Comments??

Dominick

If you want to find out for sure, check the blue book value on a trade-in for Ascents. When they were still in production, I was offered $2000 on my Ascent is for a pair of Summits. I would suspect they would be worth less now. Even though you prefer Ascents, others prefer Vantage. One consumer does not account for a trend.

When I bought my Ascent i's last year, the dealer sold them to me for well under $3000.00 and that included shipping from California to Indiana. I bought a brand new pair knowing that they were being phased out. I can't make a comparison with either the Vantage nor the Summits as I have yet to hear either. I am almost afraid to go listen to them based on some of the reviews that other members have given them on here. I have to admit that I am totally satisfied with what I have and as I call it, I feel I have reached "Sonic Nirvana". I may never listen to the Summits or Vantage. Oh who am I kidding? I can't wait to hear them! :eek:

The Vantage and Summits are excellent improvements over thier predecessors but the Ascent i's as well as many other used ML speakers are an excellent value. However, be sure to factor in the cost of amp power to drive the non-powered older models. The new models are significantly more efficient since the woofers are already amped and therefore allow you many more amp options than you have with the non-powered models. In other words, you can use a relatively low powered amp with the 2 new models that would not work with their older siblings. So if you already have the amps then you can't the beat the value of buying a recently discontinued or used speaker such as the Ascent i.

Last edited:
Back