Aerius x-over schematic?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjcarr

Reaction score
Does anyone have a schematic for the original Aerius? I'm going to call ML to see if they have anything but figured I'd check here first.

James

I talked to ML and they didn't have (or wouldn't give out) the schematic, and I don't blame them for liability and other reasons, but they did give me the values of the x-over caps, which are:

100mfd 100v
170mfd 100v
10mfd 150v
22mfd 100v
33mfd 100v

He also indicated that the 170mfd was for the woofer so I might not do that one. I'll crack them open when I get a chance and see where each one is and if it's viable to replace.

I have already opened my Aerius i's some months ago,
I could email you the pictures of you like.

I also did scribble down all of the components, but not had a chance to do a schematic yet.

Cheers
Steve

I think there is a bunch of information on which caps and "what not" to replace in the "tweeks" section.

I have not done any of this myself, but read one of the simplest things is to clean the board with Windex.

Of course everything should be powered down and unpluged for a number of days before trying anything.

There is also an "archive" section.

Capacitors are-

100uF 100v 10% ERSE
170uF 100v 10% ERSE
22uF 160v Bennic MKT (Taiwan)
33uF 100v 10% ERSE
10uF 250v PA-MKP-FC (France)

Hope this helps
Cheers
Steve

kach22i said:
I think there is a bunch of information on which caps and "what not" to replace in the "tweeks" section.

Yeah, I'm actually the guy who did the x-over tweek on the Requests. Based on how it sounded on the ReQuests I'm anxious to do it on the Aerius.

James

HK-Steve said:
I have already opened my Aerius i's some months ago,
I could email you the pictures of you like.

I also did scribble down all of the components, but not had a chance to do a schematic yet.

Thanks for the offer, I actually just did that myself. I'll put it all up on a tweeks section for the Aerius.

I decided to put all this stuff in the tweeks section, I'll post all the tweeks there as they progress.

HK-Steve said:
Cool,
I am looking forward to it.
Me too, I know my Aerius speakers will not last forever, but I can milk them for many years to come.
:)

Back