Aerius vs Aerius I rail removal

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

shload

I'm looking to swap rails with an Aerius to a I model. Do both these rails just need to be tapped up with a mallet to remove. Light tapping has not worked and I want to make sure I'm trying to remove them in the correct way. Any hints to make this a painless job would be great. Thanks for the help.
Joe

shload said:
I'm looking to swap rails with an Aerius to a I model. Do both these rails just need to be tapped up with a mallet to remove. Light tapping has not worked and I want to make sure I'm trying to remove them in the correct way. Any hints to make this a painless job would be great. Thanks for the help.
Joe
Hola Joe...welcome to the club. With the help of a rubber mallet, tapping but not so light, just firm tapping will release them and tap at the bottom of the rails. You have to move the rails about 3/4 of or to an inch and then they will come off...they are secured by three kind of hinges on each rail, one at the bottom, other at the half and the other at the top. Hope this can help...happy listening,
Pura vida,
Roberto.

Back