Quantcast

Aerius sound flat

MartinLogan Owners (MLO)

Help Support MartinLogan Owners (MLO):

Phil M

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I have a pair of Ascent-i and a pair of Aerius. The panels of the Aerius sound flat and almost muffled. Have any of you guys experienced this? I fear they are going bad.

roberto

Reaction score
Hola Phil,

Yes, that's a bad sign. When the stat panels start to become flat and muffled, you must, before changing the panels, to do the washing procedure. Many of us, users of ML speakers, have done this with good results. If after the washing procedure are still flat, it is time to think is new panels. Your Aerius is a model at the beginning of the 90s, they are going to get 30 years old. Also, they are a wonderful sounding speakers. The only problem that I see, is the price for a new fresh stat panels. Keep in mind that if you decide to go for a fresh pair of stat panels, they come with a five year factory warranty.

I am sorry to be the one telling you a bad news. Here you can find how to do the stat panels washing procedure: Martin Logan Shower Cleaning PDF

Happy listening!

Phil M

Reaction score
Hola Phil,

Yes, that's a bad sign. When the stat panels start to become flat and muffled, you must, before changing the panels, to do the washing procedure. Many of us, users of ML speakers, have done this with good results. If after the washing procedure are still flat, it is time to think is new panels. Your Aerius is a model at the beginning of the 90s, they are going to get 30 years old. Also, they are a wonderful sounding speakers. The only problem that I see, is the price for a new fresh stat panels. Keep in mind that if you decide to go for a fresh pair of stat panels, they come with a five year factory warranty.

I am sorry to be the one telling you a bad news. Here you can find how to do the stat panels washing procedure: Martin Logan Shower Cleaning PDF

Happy listening!
Thank you Roberto!