Aerius "Routine" maintenance

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

cfrahme52

I'm a relatively new member of the forum, although I've been lurking for a while.
I am the original owner of Aerius speakers purchased in 1996. Other than a dusting and ocassionally cleaning the binding posts, I'm curious if there is any other "routine" maintenance that should be performed. The speakers sound terrific, by the way! Can't imagine ever wanting to replace them and dread ever having to.
Also, is there a certain life expectancy to the various components-stat panel, woofer surround, etc. I have not yet noticed any degradation in sound.
Thanks!

Last edited:
I agree with Tom here and vacuum the panels. The frequency is really based on your environment and climate. Look closely at the panle and if you see "dots" through the stat then it is time. This is dust that has been attracted to the panels. The panles are not as fragile as you might think and you could spend 10 minutes per panel. Other than that you should be fine.

BTW you will know when the woofer or the panel starts to fail. Both my pairs of ML's are 15 years or older and still running. Yes the panels have been replaced about 13 years in so one was replaced 2 years a go and the other about 6 months. This is a small price to pay you average this over 15 years. :D

Jeff :cool:

cfrahme52 said:
The speakers sound terrific, by the way! Can't imagine ever wanting to replace them and dread ever having to.
Great to hear, I've had mine since they first came out in 94 or was it 95? A pair of the first couple hundred made.

I recently left mine unplugged for half of the summer, vacuumed 15 minutes each panel - made a huge difference compared to unplugging for 24 hours and vacuuming for 3 minutes each.

My wife just purchased a $600 Vacuum for $400 ($100 off sale plus $100 coupon), can't wait to try it out. :)

Latest posts

Back