Aerius i woofer advice

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve04

Reaction score
Hi all i had a pair of ml aerius i speakers about 10 years ago and i have just got another pair but the woofers look different from the first pair i had. Can any one tell me if they changed the woofers on some models

You might need to call Martin Logan on that.
Yes think you right as i can not find any information on line. The first pair i owned had what looked like paper woofers but these look like polypropylene drivers

Thank you i will have a look. I have googled images of the speakers and there are 2 different types of drivers by look of it

Remembering out loud here: Didn't the woofer change to an 8 inch 6 ohm paper cone cast basket Vifa (also used in Odyssey) with the jump to the Aerius 'i'? Earlier Aerius had a stamped steel basket Eminence woofer.

Remembering out loud here: Didn't the woofer change to an 8 inch 6 ohm paper cone cast basket Vifa (also used in Odyssey) with the jump to the Aerius 'i'? Earlier Aerius had a stamped steel basket Eminence woofer.
I am not sure mate but these speakers i have now do not seem to have the bass that the paper woofers had. But i am using a class d amplifier at moment where as i was using a valve amp before

I think there the same as the drivers in the first pair i had but these drivers that are in the speakers i have now are different i will post a pic

Attachments

• w1.jpg
    w1.jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 27
  • woof2.jpg
    woof2.jpg
    249 KB · Views: 26
Thats the same woofers in my aerius i’s. Cir 1998. Havent taken them out yet to see what they are but others here will prob know. I hope they’re vifas.

Thats the same woofers in my aerius i’s. Cir 1998. Havent taken them out yet to see what they are but others here will prob know. I hope they’re vifas.
That is is great to know i was worried in case they were an after market driver that had been put in

Hey Steve, so I pulled a woofer tonight and we don't have the nice Scandinavian Vifas, just the lowly $40 eminence woofers. They do fine I'm sure.
IMG_3151.jpg

IMG_3153.jpg

Hi thanks for that mate strange is says 8 ohm i thought they would be 4 ohm. From what i can remember i think the other speakers i had with other bass drivers produced more bass but i was using a valve amp now i am using class d. But going to order another valve amp. I need to take to wooden trims off to spray them but a bit scared in case i break the speakers lol

They come off easy. Bump them at the top with a rubber hammer and they will slide down about an inch and lift off. Keyhole slots.

They come off easy. Bump them at the top with a rubber hammer and they will slide down about an inch and lift off. Keyhole slots.
Will the electrostatic panels stay in place if i remove the trim

Yes they have velcro attachments, there are some stick on rubber strips that get sticky after years time but its more nuisance than anything else. The woofer grill has these too and is mostly stuck on.

Will the electrostatic panels stay in place if i remove the trim
Not sure if it's necessary, but I arranged some 2X4's and pillows on the floor to accomodtae the binding posts, etc., then I laid the speakers down (with the panel/woofer facing up). Then, when I removed the wood trim pieces, the panels, etc. didn't want to go anywhere...

Russ

Not sure if it's necessary, but I arranged some 2X4's and pillows on the floor to accomodtae the binding posts, etc., then I laid the speakers down (with the panel/woofer facing up). Then, when I removed the wood trim pieces, the panels, etc. didn't want to go anywhere...

Russ
Did you have problems getting the trip off

I laid the speaker on its side on the bed, bumped the trims off (maybe three seconds?) and rolled the speaker around on the bed like I needed. ...no, I'm no longer married, and it's why I have big ass speakers in my house now. :D

Latest posts

Back