Aerius I Trim Removal

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cae

Reaction score
I am new to this site.
I own an old Aerius I pair. The panel has moved down (gravity). I can move it up (putting a block under and giving some time)
How can I tight it again?
Sound is good as it has not have a lot of use.

thank you

That kept happening to mine: i eventually took the oak trims off (tap downwards with rubber mallet) and found that the 3M tape below the stators still had its top plastic protection strip on - after nearly 20 years! Peeled that off, replaced stators and trim, and no more slippage.

If you call ML, they might send you the little metal tabs you can screw into the bottom of the speaker cabinet, jutting out just far enough to prevent the panels slipping any further...

If you call ML, they might send you the little metal tabs you can screw into the bottom of the speaker cabinet, jutting out just far enough to prevent the panels slipping any further...
yeah, think they call them "stat stops".

I have a pair of the "original" bi-wired Aerius, and (I guess luckily) have had absolutely NO problems of any kind (except some visible fine dust particles on the lower halves of the woofers, if that might bother some folk) :rolleyes:. Mine were manufactured in June 1993 (code AEEF), and bought by me second-hand in 1999 from a high-end shop for about $1549 Cdn. The original owner told the shop that he was downsizing and switching to bookshelf speakers. Hope he made a wise choice. :cool: His loss: my gain !!!
Having read many of the threads on this forum, I guess I am also lucky to be satisfied with the associated electronics that I feed them with, including my thrift shop Sony CDP-950 CD player which cost me a whole $12.99. In those days, I regularly did the rounds of the "hi-fi" boutique shops and although I DID hear some awesome systems, I could never justify the cost, which was usually in five-digit $$$$$ figures. My total budget was about $5000 at the time, and friends thought I was "nuts" to invest that much "just to listen to music". (It became my 4th stereo setup since I was 18.) I do own lesser systems for TV A/V surround (very infrequently used), my smaller garage system (all carefully selected thrift shop items), and a Sony 3 piece tabletop system for the motorhome which I also enjoy, knowing the limitations of both my budget over time and the way I can appreciate each of them for their respective qualities.
Hope you're enjoying your Aerius I's as I am my Originals !!!

Attachments

• ML Serial Number Codes.pdf
    44.3 KB · Views: 16
  • left and right woofers.jpg
    left and right woofers.jpg
    296.6 KB · Views: 16
Thank you. All comments were helpful. I am waiting for the stat stops...

Back