Aerius-i questions

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kotedo

Reaction score
I own a pair of Aerius-i speakers now and I am very happy with them.
I do have a few questions though:
  • Spikes: what size are those preinstalled spike threads?
  • How can I get access to the subwoofer to tighten its screws, I am sure then could use a twist or two to properly tighten them (I am the third owner)?
  • What other feet than spikes would you recommend on a hardwood floor?
Thank you for helping out!

Attachments

• 9B14F5AD-21F9-4AE5-84AC-D2C54818817D.jpeg
    9B14F5AD-21F9-4AE5-84AC-D2C54818817D.jpeg
    677.3 KB · Views: 25
Hola Kotedo,

Idf you want to re-tighten the woofer screws, you have to take off the side woden rails, taping usually at their bottom, with the help with a rubber mallet. Lay down the speaker on the floor, and with much care, remove the woofer grill. There you can re-tighten the woofer screws.

Once you have them laying on the floor, unscrewn one of their feet, and the thread spikes screw must be the same.

Regarding the spikes, all depends of how much money you want to spend. Go to a hardware store and find the right size that match the thread, once you know it, you can order any spike with the same thread gauge.

Happy listening!

Kotedo, according to the Martin Logan product museum page, your speakers are threaded 1/4-20, and as Roberto said, it really just depends on your budget. Another alternative would be to consider isolation feet like the isoAcoustics GAIA. I'm seriously considering them, but again, it's really a matter of how much you want to spend...

Regarding the spikes:

FWIW, I got some 18" X 18" pavers at Home depot. Put a full pad (~4" X 6") of under-furniture-protective-layer-type stuff at each corner under the paver. Then left stock spikes on the ML's and put them on the pavers. Results in a fairly massive, decoupled plinth with not terrible WAF and good floor protection!

Russ

Kotedo, according to the Martin Logan product museum page, your speakers are threaded 1/4-20, and as Roberto said, it really just depends on your budget. Another alternative would be to consider isolation feet like the isoAcoustics GAIA. I'm seriously considering them, but again, it's really a matter of how much you want to spend...

IsoAcoustics GAIA is worth the money, I've tried them on Clarity, EM-ESL and now GoldenEar Triton, not sure what kind of voodoo magic they do, improvement is very noticeable.

IsoAcoustics GAIA is worth the money, I've tried them on Clarity, EM-ESL and now GoldenEar Triton, not sure what kind of voodoo magic they do, improvement is very noticeable.

I looked at their website and demo, I can hear the difference, but I am not sure I like the difference, if that makes any sense.
There might be a chance that I can actually "audition" them (that sounds weird to listen to pucks, but anyhow...) at a nearby dealer.
Thank you for pointing it out.

Regarding the spikes:

FWIW, I got some 18" X 18" pavers at Home depot. Put a full pad (~4" X 6") of under-furniture-protective-layer-type stuff at each corner under the paver. Then left stock spikes on the ML's and put them on the pavers. Results in a fairly massive, decoupled plinth with not terrible WAF and good floor protection!

Russ
I like the idea, as I do have hardwood floors and it seems to be protecting the floors quite well with the corner pieces you mentioned.
Also, putting something heavy underneath and coupling the speaker with spikes to it seems physically sound as well.
First and foremost, though, it doesn't break the bank.

I also have another pair of ML's, the CLSIIz ... but this method might not work as their footprint is much larger. Still thinking about another solution for those.

I looked at their website and demo, I can hear the difference, but I am not sure I like the difference, if that makes any sense.
There might be a chance that I can actually "audition" them (that sounds weird to listen to pucks, but anyhow...) at a nearby dealer.
Thank you for pointing it out.

Audition them at home if you can, I believe few online retailers allow return. I also have IsoAcoustics Orea puck under my Micromega M100 integrated amp, however the improvement is not as noticeable.

I like the idea, as I do have hardwood floors and it seems to be protecting the floors quite well with the corner pieces you mentioned.
Also, putting something heavy underneath and coupling the speaker with spikes to it seems physically sound as well.
First and foremost, though, it doesn't break the bank.

I also have another pair of ML's, the CLSIIz ... but this method might not work as their footprint is much larger. Still thinking about another solution for those.
I got a slightly larger set of pavers for my SL3's - can't remembr how heavy they were... let's just say I haven't moved them in 18 years!

Back