Aeon

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

hififome

Hello all - I'm new to Martin Logans, and am super pumped about the Aeon's i just purchased used off of audiogon.

While they make there way to me - would you all kindly advise me on a few things? -

Zebra cables, any good? Can you suggest a similarly priced alternative (<$200 for 2 15 foot runs)?

Should I biwire right from the start (I'm leaning towards yes).

Finally, what size spades fit on Aeons?

Thanks so much for the advice - love that ML sound!

Hello all - I'm new to Martin Logans, and am super pumped about the Aeon's i just purchased used off of audiogon.
Congrats and Welcome to the club....

Zebra cables, any good? Can you suggest a similarly priced alternative (<$200 for 2 15 foot runs)?
Hard to say, cables for either speaker or IC's are personal preference things. If you like them, then use them. One person may love Zebra, another may hate them.

Most prefer biwiring (use the search function here on the site), but if you do not have components to handle it, by pass the supplied ML jumpers and make jumpers out of your favorite cable.

Regular spades should fit - one for 5/16" binding posts if I am not mistaken. Maybe someone else can jump in to confirm the proper size

Dan

thanks Dan, all,

concerning the interconnects/speaker cables question... I don't see how I can tell which ones i may like unless I order a few. Do many companies allow returns?

Any suggestions to try other than Zebras? Monster Z2 biwire speaker cables (or is monster a bad word as far as cables here)?

THANKS again!

While they make there way to me - would you all kindly advise me on a few things? -

Thanks so much for the advice - love that ML sound!

Just plug them in to your system and see how they sound to start with. I'm a fan of making small changes, one at a time, AFTER you have evaluated the current sound. So just enjoy their sound to start with and by then you'll have a clearer picture of what you need to do next to take them to the next level.

thanks Dan, all,

concerning the interconnects/speaker cables question... I don't see how I can tell which ones i may like unless I order a few. Do many companies allow returns?

Welcome ! The Cable Co. out of New Hope, Pa offers cables for auditioning, talk to John @ 800-328-9973

myself I'm presently using Audioquest King Cobra interconnects but have been contemplating trying out Moon-Audio's "Black Dragon" Balanced IC's ( it's thought that ARC gear may be better suited to balanced cables ????)

as Dan said you could select five different cables and get five different opinions, so good luck !!

Back