Aeon vs Scenario

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dolfin

Reaction score
I have a chance to purchase mint condition AEON's from a local seller.

I'm just curious if there's really that big of a difference between the Aeons over the Scenario's which I am currently using for my front speakers.

Anyone have an opinion either way? Would it be a waste of money?

Dolfin said:

I'm just curious if there's really that big of a difference between the Aeons over the Scenario's which I am currently using for my front speakers.

Hola Dolfin. Well, all depends on your liking. the Scenario are very good with bass (as good as the Aeon) and lacks a little bit the lower mids that the Aeon has. The Aeons are much better in tonal balance in other words than the Scenario...even that they are one of the best speakers for what you paid. Because the Aeon has more panel size, they are easier to drive also. I think that what you have to do is "trust in your ears" and choose the one that you like most. Both are great speakers...happy listening,
Roberto. :D

Dolfin said:

Hi Dolfin,

Yes, it's worthwhile the upgrade. The real Logan magic starts from the Aeon upwards. If you have more space and a bit more cash I suggest you think about stepping up to the Ascents (i's), they are the BEST compromise in the Logan line-up and a TREMENDOUS value for money compared to most speakers in their price range and even above.

Good luck!

AP

I suppose I could always just hold onto the scenario's for the future if I ever went to a 7.1 system. Thanks Audio Pharaoh and Roberto for your input. If anyone has any further thoughts please feel free to post.. I still have a couple days to decide.

Dolfin said:
I suppose I could always just hold onto the scenario's for the future if I ever went to a 7.1 system.

Personally I always liked the Aeon's and the Odyssey's in the Hybrid products. But you have the right idea here on keeping your Scenario's for HT. I am glad I held onto my Sequel's when I bought my CLSIIz's.

Dan

Bought em. Picking them up tuesday.

Final question, since these are going to be the first speakers I've owned that have the ability to be bi-wired, is there a big difference between bi-wiring these speakers and not bi-wiring them? Thanks everyone!

Congratulations on the new addition to the family. What trim do your new speakers come with? I have an extra set of Maple trim pieces for the Aeon if you're interested.

I've had good results with bi-wiring my Sunfire to Ascents or Aeons. With the Sunfire amp you have. You can try the shotgun method (2 sets of wires). Use the "Current Ouput" for the high-side (panels) and "voltage output" for the low side. If you use single or bi-wire then I recommend using the "current output".

Although, I think the quality speaker wire of the potentially has more effect on sound quality than whether it's setup with single, biwire, or shotgun. Just my opinion, yours may vary.

Dolfin,
Congrats on your new speakers.
As far as bi-wiring you will get many opinions. Personally, I had a little more definition in sound between the panel and the woofer of my Sequel II's. I no longer bi-wire them as they are now my rear speakers and my front CLS's do not have that ability. You will be the final judge and as mentioned better speaker wires may also prove beneficial.

Good luck and let us know.

Jeff :cool:

A little variation on a theme..

Dolfin said:
At present I'm using monster z-series cables. I'd have to buy new ones to bi-wire.

Dolfin, many congrats on your new Aeons ;) Yes, bi-wiring does improve the sound just as Jeff mentionned. However, I'm using my AZ Hologram II's in their single wire config connected to the 'lows' with a pair of matching jumpers connecting from 'lows' to the 'highs'..(As per Robert Lee's suggestion, as I insisted on using the Holograms for their sonic excellence).

Another good option that I also tried was using a Shotgun bi-wire configuration which woud yield even better signal flow to the panels & the woofers..

Depending on which cable brand and model you will choose, you'll need to ask the manufacturer which would be the best bi-wire configuration for your Aeons. Of course you'll need to tell them the specs etc..

AP

DTB300 said:
Personally I always liked the Aeon's and the Odyssey's in the Hybrid products. But you have the right idea here on keeping your Scenario's for HT. I am glad I held onto my Sequel's when I bought my CLSIIz's.

Dan
Hi Dan,

Just a quick note to say that my new babies are being cleared from customs these couple of days, at long last !!

Will update you as I receive and start to listen:)

AP...

Great news...just start a new thread to discuss the SA-REF as I would be interested in what you think, and we can stop hijacking Dolfin's thread :)

Dan

Got em!

Just a quick photo of the Aeon next to the Scenario.

I plan to submit my system pics to the members section as soon as I have time to do some clean-up of my wiring! :D

The aeons are without a doubt higher quality than the scenarios. Thanks to all that nudged me in the right direction.

-Dolfin

Attachments

• aeon1.jpg
    aeon1.jpg
    210.7 KB · Views: 800

Latest posts

Back