Aeon Replacement pics

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joey_V

Reaction score
Aeon Replacement pics - the VISTA!

Is this the rumored Aeon replacement? The back looks nothing like the Vantage...

Edit:
I confirmed with ML reps that this is the Aeon replacement and that it is called the VISTA! It is smaller than the Vantage (in a similar fashion that the Vantage is smaller than the Summits). It is non-powered and it is not clear to the reps whether the Vista will use the same 8-inch woofer as the Vantage does. The panel will be about an inch or two smaller (height more than width).

Around $3500 +/- a few $100

NewML.jpg

Last edited:
It's strange that we are often times the last to hear about new products from ML Corp.

How can you tell there is no built-in amp? I wonder what the price is? <$3000 maybe? Since the Vantage is about the size of the Aeon then it has to be smaller.

Craig said:
How can you tell there is no built-in amp? I wonder what the price is? <$3000 maybe? Since the Vantage is about the size of the Aeon then it has to be smaller.
Truth is you can't tell without seeing inside the box, it’s just pear speculation at this point. But considering that looks to be the Vantage with a different back panel, same box, same Stat panel, the only change I can think of if it is the replacment for the Aeon would be to leave out the internal amp to cut coast's and offer it at a price closer to that of the Aeon.

longhorn said:
What show was this? Are we sure it is ML speaker?
i zoomed up the pic a bit, there is a ML logo on the placard sitting on the speaker.

whats interesting is that cuboidal (traditional) sub on the round table also appears to have a ML logo placard beside it.

Interesting.......Has anyone contacted ML about this? If you look at the cut a way of Vantage you will notice the amp is on the back of the cabinet where the port is on the "new" black speaker. Definately a new speaker.

If this new speaker is just exactly like the Vantage but only without the built-in amp and is sold for $3000... I am going to be poop in my pants since I would easily give up the amp of the vantage for a $2K price drop.

I called ML before and they said that they dont expect to see an Aeon replacement ($3K mark) for some time (1-1.5 years from a month ago).... so if this is the "Aeon Replacement" and it turns out to be the Vantage minus the builtin amp... at $3K.... someone is going to return his Vantage.

My guess is, if this turns out to be a Vantage model without the amp... then it would be priced around the $4K to 4.5K mark... my guess.

However, looking at the port.... it might be a different design - with extension not as deep as the Vantage. It isnt a slotted port but a regular tube port... atleast that's my guess. The beauty about the slotted port is that you can lower the extension of a sub in a smaller space while at the same time, lower the chances for port turbulence.

I'm going to email this pic to ML and see what they say.

Last edited:
Joey_V said:
If this new speaker is just exactly like the Vantage but only without the built-in amp and is sold for $3000... I am going to be poop in my pants since I would easily give up the amp of the vantage for a $2K price drop.

I called ML before and they said that they dont expect to see an Aeon replacement ($3K mark) for some time (1-1.5 years from a month ago).... so if this is the "Aeon Replacement" and it turns out to be the Vantage minus the builtin amp... at $3K.... someone is going to return his Vantage.

My guess is, if this turns out to be a Vantage model without the amp... then it would be priced around the $4K to 4.5K mark... my guess.

However, looking at the port.... it might be a different design - with extension not as deep as the Vantage. It isnt a slotted port but a regular tube port... atleast that's my guess. The beauty about the slotted port is that you can lower the extension of a sub in a smaller space while at the same time, lower the chances for port turbulence.

I'm going to email this pic to ML and see what they say.

Good,please share with us the reply.

There's a cut away of the box to the right on the table. Can anyone tell for sure if it is w/o the amp?

My dealer told me that the ML representative said at CES that the speakers would cost $3700 with base finish. Pretty good deal :)

So is it a Vantage without the powered sub? Or is it smaller than the Vantage?

longhorn said:
So is it a Vantage without the powered sub? Or is it smaller than the Vantage?

Man.. if it's the Vantage w/o the amp, I'd be willing to return my Vantage and use the difference to get a better amp.

It's difficult to judge the size of the speaker in that photo. The photo appears to be taken with a very wide angle lens. Notice the fisheye distortion of the entire photo. That effect from a wide-angle lens will make the objects in the foreground seem larger than they really are and other objects will appear farther, just like the passenger side rearview mirror on your car. If you have trouble seeing the fish-eye effect then look closely at the top of the speaker compared to the bottom. The top is much wider than the bottom.

The speaker might be a little smaller than the Vantage. Also, their is no adjustment knob on the back of the speaker so my guess is; there is no internal amp.

This is obviuosly a lesser speaker than your new Vantage and will likey sell at a lesser price. But you'll still have a better speaker in 1 and 1/2 years so need to change your pants. You can eventually get a tube amp that will work much better with the Vantage than an amp-less ML.

Last edited:
Agreed. The amp in the Vantage/Summit are woofer only, and they do a good job in that capacity. Save your money for a pair of tubed REF monoblocks!

Latest posts

Back