Aeon Replacement pics

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
longhorn said:
So is it a Vantage without the powered sub? Or is it smaller than the Vantage?

The speaker pictured looks like the same size as the vantage, same box, and same stat panel. The only difference I see is a different back panel with bass port. In the cutaway of the vantage you can see the crossover and mono amp takes up the back panels space so Martin Logan put the port on the bottom of the box. On this mystery speaker there is a port right ware the crossover and amp would be on the Vantage. So I stand by my previous post that this is a Vantage without a built in amp.

That makes sense for ML to simply delete the power amp, change the port and make a speaker at a lower price point with existing parts. A powered woofer is not for everyone but it's for me. The powered woofer really opens the possibility for more tube amp options and with better control over the bass.

It's the Aeon Replacement

Joey_V said:
Man.. if it's the Vantage w/o the amp, I'd be willing to return my Vantage and use the difference to get a better amp.
It's a Vantage minus the built in amp..............it's called the "Vista"!

ml360 said:

Really?? Does it spec out like the Vantage (bass extension?)?

Joey_V said:
Really?? Does it spec out like the Vantage (bass extension?)?
Was told its nothing more then a Vantage without the amp for alot less! :D

ml360 said:
Is this the first Martin Logan made by Microsoft? :D

Sorry bad joke. Microsofts next OS Windows Vista, coming 2nd Q this year.

Don't know about that,but I'm in line for one. ;)

ml360 said:
Was told late spring @ 3000-3500

DANG!!! Should I keep the Vantage or return them for later credit? Nooooo....

If the Vista are truly as good as the Vantage - this will cannibalize Vantage sales and Summits sales.

Joey_V said:
DANG!!! Should I keep the Vantage or return them for later credit? Nooooo....

If the Vista are truly as good as the Vantage - this will cannibalize Vantage sales and Summits sales.

I would think the Stat would sound the same but the bass would be lacking that extra punch the vantage has. The vista's bass should be similar to the aeon's bass.

Thats what I'm thinking.... the port looks like this is less of a brute down low than the Vantage is. I wonder if they use the same woofer or something along the lines of the Aeon's woofer. Looking at the Vantage's woofer, the surrounds make it seem like its a beefy one.

I guess only time will tell.

Joey_V said:
Thats what I'm thinking.... the port looks like this is less of a brute down low than the Vantage is. I wonder if they use the same woofer or something along the lines of the Aeon's woofer. Looking at the Vantage's woofer, the surrounds make it seem like its a beefy one.

I guess only time will tell.

If I was in your shoes, I would stick with the Vantage.

But thats just me. Do what feels right for you.

Joey -

I don't know if you've heard a pair of completely broken-in Vantages yet. This I will tell you. The woofers in my Summits took forever to break in. They are now unbelievable. I've never heard bass like this in my listening room. IMHO - stay with the Vantage.

I'm sure they didn't make the vista to out perform it's higher priced brother,the vantage.

Talked to a rep.

This is the Vista scoop:

- Still in pre-production phase... almost in production phase, few months before marketed - June or so.
- The panel is going to be somewhat shorter and slimmer than the Vantage (about an inch or so both ways). Kind of like how the Vantage is smaller than the Summits.
- The woofer might be the same as the one on the Vantage or something a little less meaty. It will be an 8 inch woofer, but not sure if it will be as beefy as the one on the Vantage.

So, what I got from him is this: It is not a Vantage minus the amp..... it is an Aeon replacement.

Joey_V said:
Talked to a rep.

This is the Vista scoop:

- Still in pre-production phase... almost in production phase, few months before marketed - June or so.
- The panel is going to be somewhat shorter and slimmer than the Vantage (about an inch or so both ways). Kind of like how the Vantage is smaller than the Summits.
- The woofer might be the same as the one on the Vantage or something a little less meaty. It will be an 8 inch woofer, but not sure if it will be as beefy as the one on the Vantage.

So, what I got from him is this: It is not a Vantage minus the amp..... it is an Aeon replacement.

Our Sales Rep told us that it was the SAME STAT as the Vantage, with less of a woofer and non-powered. We were told it would be available in May.

Our Sales Rep is close to everything that goes on at ML. So I'm positive that his information is accurate. He mentioned they toyed with a smaller stat, but that would likely be held for the Clarity replacement in November.

Back