Aeon inductors DCR

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pegwill

Reaction score
Hi Guys

I wonder if anyone knows the DCR of the inductors in the Aeon crossover. I’m looking to up grade the inductors.

I have contacted ML technical and they have provided me with a schematic. This shows

The highs use a 1.5 mH inductor

The mids use a 2.5 mH

The bass a 2.5 mH.

I have visually looked at them an there are no manufactures marks just on one or two the size. All I can say is the bass 2.5mH looks about twice the size of the mid one. The wire gauge looks the same for all. I have tried measuring with my multimeter but it does not have the resolution.

I have tried ML again but there first response other than provide the size was no idea. So hence the query here.

It would appear that the DCR is crucial if you want to upgrade them. Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Hi Guys

For those who have upgraded their crossovers and in particular the inductors how did you choose the dcr values and how did you select your chosen inductor ie wire, foil, litze etc. I have read some of the reviews on the forum about successful upgrade so interested.
Many thanks

Back