Aeon-i Stat Panel Distorting!!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Primalsea

Reaction score
:(:

This is my first post and unfortunately it's about a problem with the stat panel of my Aeon-i!! I was hoping that it could be a happier subject with some pics and a proper introduction but the distortion is driving me mad. I love listening to music on most evenings and now feel a bit down as this is spoiling my enjoyment.

I started to hear distortion from one of the panels on my Aeon-i's. I've swapped the speaker channel connections around and it's always the same panel that has the problem.

It's a slight fuzzing noise a bit like when you overdrive an input channel. I've gave the panels a good vacuuming but this hasn't seemed to solved the problem.

Any ideas on what it might be??? I would be very grateful of any help.

Ahhh haaaa,

Thanks, I did search alot but used the words fuzz, distortion, distorted pretty much everything except crackling. I wouldn't have found it anyway as over this side of the pond we spell it crackleing. Crackling to us is pork fat that turns crispy after roasting, you crazy guys you!!

Anyway, thanks again I think where I went wrong was not to leave the speakers off for long enough before hovering them.

I truely hope this fixes it!!

It's a pretty good idea to vacuum them regularly. Some of the other members vacuum once each month. It depends on average dust buildup. I vacuum mine about every other month, and as a result, do not get the distortion you have experienced. Only takes me about ten minutes to do my Aeon i mains and Cinema center.

Latest posts

Back