Add on to my System

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Y

Yanoche

Good evening to all, i'm new to the site and to ML as well. i just purchaded a pair of brand new Aeon I for really cheap and i would like your opinions on what should be best to add to what i already have to better the listening experience. I use a YBA interge DT with a cambridge azure 640 cd.
im looking at upgrading the cd very shortly.
Thoughts anyone?
THX
Yanick Morris
Quebec Canada

Yanoche said:
I use a YBA interge DT with a cambridge azure 640 cd.
im looking at upgrading the cd very shortly.
Upgrading the source is always a great place to start for improved sound - especially since you have upgraded you speakers :)

Dan

thx in your opinion what is the best bang for my dollars looking at a cd player?

Not sure if $1700 is in your price range or not. But if I needed to buy a new audio player today, this is the player I would purchase:

http://www.vacuumstate.com/jlti_sacd.htm

Player does CD and Super Audio CD, as well as 24/96 DVD DAD disks, but not DVD-A

I am sure others may jump in here with some of their recommendations.

If you want to spend a little less, I would purchase a player from Audiogon and have it modded by either Dan Wright or Allen Wright. The cost can be more or less than above depending on how much modifications you have done to the player.

Dan

Back