A perfect amp for Martin Logans

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting. 1. How much? 2. I wonder how it sounds?

Since this is an Anthem, I am sure these questions and others will be answered shortly.

Hola chicos... I was wondering the same thing as Robert too, very interesting specs and new design topology. I liked the cooling system and no fans needed. Stable into all loads and no compression. Sounds too good! Happy listening!.

Three of those would fit very nicely with my D2v. I might just have to demo a couple of them after the next move :D

I wouldn't characterize it as the "perfect amp for Martin Logans" without having heard it driving them first. Just because it puts out boatloads of power doesn't mean it sounds good. I have heard Class D amps that sounded great with certain speakers and others that sounded awful. Also, I have heard Anthem amps that sounded awful with Martin Logan speakers, even though they sounded great with other speakers. You just don't know until you hear it paired up.

You just don't know until you hear it paired up.

Quite right ... Enough power to blow your cones n panel it would seem but what does it sound like.
Maybe great maybe not. Looks a tad industrial!

One would hope since they are a 'sister' company they actually tested with MLs, funny they don't mention the world leading ELS brand if they claim 'stable' into low impedance and highly capacitive loads.

Will wait for a test.

Sounds intriguing though.

And no problem with them being small, I'd need 5 of them just for panels if they are that good.

The MSRP is $ 7000.00 for the pair. My ears are kinda of old fashion. They love tubes... and some SS of course. Just thinking loud: 1000 watts with quality watts?... I want to listen them first. Happy listening!

This reminds me of a Sunfire add.... Nothing against Sunfire -- I have one... but, is Carver still there or did he sell it? Seems like the company transformed into more of a home theater product....

The MSRP is $ 7000.00 for the pair. My ears are kinda of old fashion. They love tubes... and some SS of course. Just thinking loud: 1000 watts with quality watts?... I want to listen them first. Happy listening!

mhhh... $7,000 sounds like alot of dough for an Anthem product. For that price your are in McIntosh or used Krell territory which from my experience would probably be the better way to go with ML's.
You never know until you hear them though, but they don't have too much in the looks department either imho. I will take a massive 200lb Krell or Mc any day over these little things! :rocker:

Gordon, agreed.

But that's my perspective as well as George's.

Perfect amp? No such thing. It's all about system synergy and personal biases.

GG

I have owned Anthem Statement amplifiers in the past. Speaking from personal experience using with ML, not the same league as McIntosh, Classe or Krell. In the 90s Loved the Sonic Frontiers tube products and yes they worked wonderful with the ML SL3s I had at the time. System synergy is a big factor and specs on paper does not tell how amplifier will work in your system.....

Dan

Back