A great favour to an Italian ML passionate

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

cuprone1

Hi. I am from Milan, Italy. I am writing you because I have a great dream: Martin Logan Descent sub.
But, as lots of you well know, price in Italy and in Europe is very very much more expensive than in Usa.
The main problem is conversion to 220 Volts and frequency. A good step down transformer does not work. I must have the Ml transformer directly from Usa ML.
I think Martin Logan policy to protect European dealers and distributors have decided do not allow their Usa dealers making overseas transactions. The italian ML dealer does not make conversion because he cannot have 220 transformer from Usa. So the solution is to have a Descent in Usa and asking to ML to have a european transformer because someone of You have decided to move to Europe.
Could you help me please? otherwise my dream will remain a dream!!
Thanks in advance
A passionate of Ml
Piero

Please contact ML directly...

Piero,

Welcome! to the best place on the internet for everything Martin Logan. I it good to have aboard, the ML Club.

If, I was you, I would contact, "Martin Logan" directly... You could contact them via e-mail:

http://www.martinlogan.com/contact_us.html#

or, I would write ML directly at:

Martin Logan
2101 Delaware Street
Lawrence, Kansas,
USA

or, I would call them at: (785) 749-0133

or, FAX them at: (785) 749-5320

I have found that, Martin Logan, truely believes in customer service and they will find a satifactory solution for you. ML has sold their speakers, to countries all over the world. I am sure that they have run across this, 'conversion to 220 volts problem', before... I trust , Martin Logan will help you realize your dream, I am convinced of that... Further, I would be very surprised if they could not assist you. IMHO, ML is a truly awesome speaker company...

I have a Descent subwoofer and I truely love the fantastic, glorious bass dynamics which, the Descent, is so great at producing. I love how the, sevo controlled Descent, is so very fast and powerful, able to keep up with all of the rest of my ML speakers. My ML Ascent i's, Theater i, and Script i's electrostatic pannels are extremely fast and quick, and this is absolutly no problem for my Descent subwoofer. It was perfectly developed / matched, for seamless interation with all of the other electrostatic speakers, in the ML product line.

Other contributing member of our site, may have suggestions too, (which is why this is such a great web-site) but I am sure the folks here, would agree that the, Martin Logan company would be a great resource, for assistance, in this matter.

Again, welcome to the ML club! :D

and Good Luck, Piero. :)

-Robin

Hi Robin. Thanks for quickly reply. I already email Martin Logan for my ( for me )big problem but they replied me to contact Italian dealer ( sob!!! ).It is a viciuos circle !! Nothing to do. If you mail them for me maybe it will be different. Do not you?
I am ancious to hear you very soon since I sold today my old sub and....

Thanks Rob
Regards
Piero

Robin said:
Piero,

Welcome! to the best place on the internet for everything Martin Logan. I it good to have aboard, the ML Club.

If, I was you, I would contact, "Martin Logan" directly... You could contact them via e-mail:

http://www.martinlogan.com/contact_us.html#

or, I would write ML directly at:

Martin Logan
2101 Delaware Street
Lawrence, Kansas,
USA

or, I would call them at: (785) 749-0133

or, FAX them at: (785) 749-5320

I have found that, Martin Logan, truely believes in customer service and they will find a satifactory solution for you. ML has sold their speakers, to countries all over the world. I am sure that they have run across this, 'conversion to 220 volts problem', before... I trust , Martin Logan will help you realize your dream, I am convinced of that... Further, I would be very surprised if they could not assist you. IMHO, ML is a truly awesome speaker company...

I have a Descent subwoofer and I truely love the fantastic, glorious bass dynamics which, the Descent, is so great at producing. I love how the, sevo controlled Descent, is so very fast and powerful, able to keep up with all of the rest of my ML speakers. My ML Ascent i's, Theater i, and Script i's electrostatic pannels are extremely fast and quick, and this is absolutly no problem for my Descent subwoofer. It was perfectly developed / matched, for seamless interation with all of the other electrostatic speakers, in the ML product line.

Other contributing member of our site, may have suggestions too, (which is why this is such a great web-site) but I am sure the folks here, would agree that the, Martin Logan company would be a great resource, for assistance, in this matter.

Again, welcome to the ML club! :D

and Good Luck, Piero. :)

-Robin

Call ML...

Piero,

IMHO, You should call Martin Logan, at the above listed telephone number, talk with, Jim Power, or a customer service repersentive. You need to explain, your situation, to them directly. Sometimes snail mail or e-mail, does not work as well, as accually speaking with someone, directly. IMHO, You really, just need to explain your situation, to a person. I hope everything works out well for you. :)

Good luck.

-Robin

Hi Robin. Thanks for patience.
I would do it but unfortunately my spoken english is very poor and surely not enough to explain the situation and to understand their words.
So I am looking for a translator unless you could do it for me.... no ..it is too much what I ask you... sorry .
Thanks for all Robin
Good listenning with your ML system!!
Good luck
Piero

Talking a little bit to Paul McGowan (Owner/ Engineer of Ps Audio) they are a US company that sells over seas threw there international distributors, he has made comments before that there web store can not ship product outside US and Canada because it would brake the contracts setup with there international dealers. Martin Logan probably has a similar arrangement.

Last edited:
cuprone1-

Am I Correct in saying that, "All you want is a Decent Sub" that is from the USA? If so, why don't you buy it online from Audiogon and then have it shipped to Milan?

Sono corretto nel dire quello, "tutto che desideriate è un sommergibile decent" che proviene dagli USA? In caso affermativo, perchè non voi lo comprano in linea da Audiogon ed allora averlo spedito a voi?

Last edited:
Sugar good idea...

SugarMedia,

That is a great idea! Audiogon, and shipped to the Italy.... Excellent! :D :D

It must be nice to know Italian... So, you are bilingual, or..., how many languages do you know?

-Robin

As I understood it from his first post he would like to get a deal by buying a US Descent and changing the Transformer to 220 but Martin Logan wont help him out because he is out side the US and Canada. So he would like one of us to help him out.

descent

Anyone can help me please calling Martin Logan asking them having a 220 Volts transformer shipped to Italy?.
Thanks in advance.
Piero

Hi Joe. Sorry if I am disurbing you but I have to solve this problem.
My friend called Martin Logan yesterday asking them for a 220 Volts transformer shipped to Italy. They replied they can ship it only to Ml italian dealer having the exact serial numer of sub Descente located in Italy. So nothing to do.
But I have an idea. You or other Martin LOgan Club fellow ( sorry but I do not know anyone here ) could purchase a Descent for me from a Usa dealer and then asking him to have a 220 transformer because you moved to Europe and sub with you. Am I mad? I ask too much? Naturaly, since I prepaid everything, all risks are mine.
Let me know if you can help in any way.. I made the same request to Robin...
Thanks
regards
Piero

Hi Robin. Sorry if I am disurbing you but I have to solve this problem.
My friend called Martin Logan yesterday asking them for a 220 Volts transformer shipped to Italy. They replied they can ship it only to Ml italian dealer having the exact serial numer of sub Descente located in Italy. So nothing to do.
But I have an idea. You or other Martin LOgan Club fellow ( sorry but I do not know anyone here ) could purchase a Descent for me from a Usa dealer and then asking him to have a 220 transformer because you moved to Europe and sub with you. Am I mad? I ask too much? Naturaly, since I prepaid everything, all risks are mine.
Let me know if you can help in any way.. I made the same request to Zip3kx07...
Thanks
regards
Piero

Well that sounds like a good plain Cuprone1,
I am sorry but I am in no functional situation were I can just drop a few grand at a descent. It takes me a bit of time to save up to afford a peace of gear.

I am sorry, I would love to help.

Sorry

Cuprone1,

I am sorry too... I'd love to help, but I can not extend myself financially in this way, sorry...

Good luck Cuprone1.

-Robin

a little help

First of all thanks to Robin, Zip and Marknewbie for replies.
If one of you can accept my offer, the first think I will do is transfering the all money you need on your account using a bank transfer or in the way you like ( paypal, Mastercard ).
In this way there are no absolutely risk for you!!
I am an Ebay and Audiogon member with this same Id ( cuprone1 ). Now on Audiogon there is a fellow who is selling a Descent sub I am dreaming. I wrote him and his reply was this:
-Messaggio originale-----
Da: Victor Suarez [mailto:[email protected]]
Inviato: mercoledì 24 agosto 2005 15.15
A: [email protected]
Oggetto: Re: Audiogon listing: MARTIN LOGAN DESCENT POWERED SUB WOOFER

.............sorry, USA only! Not worth the hassle.

--- [email protected] wrote:

> TO: Hifivics
>
> Hi Victor. My name is Piero and I write you from Italy.Sorry for my
> english.
> One of my dreams is having a descent ML sub but here in Europe it is
> much more expensive than in your country and we have 220 Volts. Step
> down transformer do not work so I thought to purchase a 110 Volts unit
> from Usa and ask to Italian dealer of ML to sell me a 220 Volts
> transformer kit but he refused to sell it because the unit is not
> regular imported.
> So I called ML head office in Lawrence Kansas and the music is always
> the same ( give us serial number of sub and we ship the transformer
> kit to italian dealer!! ).
> So I thought the only way to have this sub is to purchase one from Usa
> already transformed in 220 Volts.
> What I am asking you is a great favour I know but obiouvsly I pay all
> in advance. The idea is that you ask to your dealer to make conversion
> in 220 Volts because you have decided to move to Italy or France...and
> carry the sub with you..
> In this case ML head office will ship the 220 Volts kit to your dealer
> for conversion for a very low cost ( I am informed about this ).
> Am I mad? Pheraps..
> Could you help me please?
> I know it will be a nuisance for you and it is easier to tell me you
> do not ship overseas...
> A little help?
> Thanks for patiente.
> Regards
> Piero

Resuming:

If some of you can accept to purchase the sub from Victor the idea is, after purchasing it, ask ML head office to ship to you a transformation kit and then ship everything to me ( without any installation by you, since I have my technician here in italy who can make the work ).
Naturaly I can pay over every costs also a reward ..

I am asking to myself if I am mad... Pheraps yes...
if the spirit of this Martin Logan club is to share the pleasure to listen fantastic music with this wonderfull gears please help me please.
More than this I cannot say and do ( money in advance to a person I do not know ).

Thanks
Regards
Piero

Back