A coast-to-coast ML sound off

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sleepysurf

Reaction score
Thanks to this great ML online community, we were able to arrange a (too brief) "coast-to-coast" listening session with ML Club members Spike (from CA), Craig, and moi today. Spike happened to be in FL on business, and we got together for a couple hours to demo my Summits (system still being tweaked), and then headed to Craig's to audition his TWO ML setups. Spike is extremely knowledgeable about ML's, component matching, and DAC's, and also brought some superb tracks for auditioning. Craig's Art Audio and Electrocompaniet system compared favorably to Spikes Request system. I have a ways to go to reach the level of audio mastery that both Craig and Spike have achieved, but look forward to the journey ahead. Hopefully we'll be able to arrange a longer listening session sometime again, and next time we'll remember to bring a camera!

Darn, forgot that Rampage60 is local as well, we'll definitely include ya next go round!

Last edited:
Sleepy,

How much better was Craigs Summit system in comparison to yours? Just curious.....

I figured that if the both of ya's got Summits, it's pretty even from the getgo.

Joey

Actually, his setup sounds MUCH better... more musical, with a more forward and three-dimensional soundstage. His Summit room is dedicated two channel... no A/V furniture, TV, or coffee table in the way, not to mention better components driving them. Overall room acoustics also play a major role. I'm jealous, but the upside is I have many years and $$ ahead of me for continual improvement. That's the fun part of this hobby/curse!

My $0.02 worth of advice for Joey (as a fellow physician)... invest your time and energy right now hitting the books and mastering medicine. The learning opportunities of today won't necessarily be there tomorrow, but you'll always be able to learn about audio on your own. A little delayed gratification will be that much sweeter!

Back