A-32 + Summit

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

janppa

Hi to you all Logan fans!

I testdrived about a week ago a pair of Summit with my Arcam A-32 integrated and the sound was pretty much awesome. I'm just curious about experiences on using summits with different amps. Am I basically missing something (I'm speaking in terms of sound quality not in volume) with a not that powerful integrated such as Arcam A-32? Of course every amp sounds a bit different but do you think that powerful amp is essential with Summits?

Thank you and waiting for your opinions and experiences...

Best Regards,

Janppa

There are several topics already going on about this topic. Do a search for, "Summit amps."

Look for some posts by 'Roberto', he has made some detailed comments about amps.

My dealer in Austin Texas (Audio Systems) told me that the because the Summit/Vantage has a powered woofer and they sensitivity is around 90db, you can use a 50w amp or integrated and get awesome sound. Its a good way of getting good sound (buy the ML speakers first and low powered amp)at first and as finances are allowed move up in electronics.

My dealer in Austin Texas (Audio Systems) told me that the because the Summit/Vantage has a powered woofer and they sensitivity is around 90db, you can use a 50w amp or integrated and get awesome sound. Its a good way of getting good sound (buy the ML speakers first and low powered amp)at first and as finances are allowed move up in electronics.

It's true, unlike previous models you don't need much power for the Summits/Vantage. By the way, the Summits are rated at 92 dB/2.83 volts/meter sensitivity.

Thank you of these answers! I think I will invest in pair of Summits and then take a look of more powerful amps in the future (if it seems appropriate).

Janppa

Power them with a high quality amp; you don’t need 1000 watts of power to get the vantage or summit singing. Go for quality not quantity.

Back