7.1 weird side effect

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zaphod

Reaction score
i picked up the second set of scripts this summer and got them onto the wall behind me a couple of weeks back. because i need to run cables in the ceiling to get signal to them, they have been nothing more than "art" on the wall.

but i noticed a distinct change for the better in the soundstage of my 5.1 signals, heck even in the ProLogicII signals.

as near as i can figure, the two scripts are acting to break up the reflections on the rear wall which essentially an expanse of venetion plaster before the scripts when up on it.

wild. even before plugging the rear speakers in, the 7.1 sounds better than the 5.1 :D

Script's as sound baffles...

zaphod,

So, your saying the Script's are acting as very expensive, 'Sound Baffles', directing the sounds to your listening space, even before they were plugged in... Wow, that is an interesting effect. Now, if you could produce that effect by hanging your Script's from the ceiling,... that would be an even better special effect. :D

Cheers

-Robin

Robin said:
zaphod,

So, your saying the Script's are acting as very expensive, 'Sound Baffles', directing the sounds to your listening space, even before they were plugged in... Wow, that is an interesting effect. Now, if you could produce that effect by hanging your Script's from the ceiling,... that would be an even better special effect. :D

Cheers

-Robin

With the price of some room treatment products, a used pair of scripts may not qualify as expensive. ;)

Back