6H30 SET Class A Linestage

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wardsweb

Reaction score
Here is a little something I put together for a low power system. The linestage is built around a 6H30 and the power amp is 2A3. While this won't push electrostats, it has its own magic with high efficiency full range speakers.

setsystem.jpg

wiring4.jpg

EH 2A3s - got some for my Big 7 DAC. Been rolling a lot of different triodes recently.

What have you got them driving? Very nice BTW:)

EH 2A3s - got some for my Big 7 DAC. Been rolling a lot of different triodes recently.

What have you got them driving? Very nice BTW:)

The 2A3 uses a GE 6SL7 feeding the Electro-Harmonix Gold grid 2A3 outputing through a pair of MagneQuest TFA-204 output transformers. Technically speaking a two stage, direct coupled, half a 6SL7, mu of 70, DCed into the grid of a 2A3 ala Loftin White design..

I meant which speakers?

Sorry about that. My mistake. At present, I have a pair of NHT Model 1 book shelf speakers hooked up. A friend is bringing over a pair of Klipsch Heresy to try. What I would really like to try is a pair of high efficiency full range speakers like Lowther.

Just before new-year, I heard a pair of 3.5 W 2A3 SETs driving a pair of Electromotion in a medium-sized room. It had no right to work as well as it did! Obviously, it couldn't go loud, but where it did go, it went with style...

Just before new-year, I heard a pair of 3.5 W 2A3 SETs driving a pair of Electromotion in a medium-sized room. It had no right to work as well as it did! Obviously, it couldn't go loud, but where it did go, it went with style...

While I have spent most of my life in high power systems, there is a whole world of SET magic of low power systems using high efficiency full range speakers. That is what this system is all about.

Back