50 XTI center with Montis for front surround?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarberGreg

Reaction score
I have a pair on M.L. Montis speakers that I have in my Mancave (13’x28’) with a ML balance force 212 subwoofer between them.
I am planning on getting a 65” tv to be mounted on a rolling tv stand that would be above the sub and I am looking into if a ML 50 XTI would sound good with what I have. Or would I have to go up to the ELECTROMOTION ESL C to make it match sound with my Montis?
78DEF171-7A1D-4317-B5DD-480F364A7A8A.jpeg

I have a Arcam AVR750 powering this system.

I used the older 50XT with a pair of ESL X's and thought it sounded fine. I did eventually swap it out for the ESL C, but never really felt it was a gigantic upgrade over the 50XT. To be honest, sometimes the ESL C sounds a little boxy to me, so I cross it over a little higher than I did the 50XT. I've since upgraded my mains from the ESL X to the Impression 11A (which are quite similar to the Montis) and I'm planning to eventually replace the ESL C with the ESL C18.

I used the older 50XT with a pair of ESL X's and thought it sounded fine. I did eventually swap it out for the ESL C, but never really felt it was a gigantic upgrade over the 50XT. To be honest, sometimes the ESL C sounds a little boxy to me, so I cross it over a little higher than I did the 50XT. I've since upgraded my mains from the ESL X to the Impression 11A (which are quite similar to the Montis) and I'm planning to eventually replace the ESL C with the ESL C18.

I had a similar experience, I had the 50xt with just the ESLs then a short while with Theos. Eventually I upped to the ESL-C with my Theos and ESLs and thought that it had its pros and cons vs the 50xt. Eventually I jumped to the C18 and it was a world of difference.

I have a pair on M.L. Montis speakers that I have in my Mancave (13’x28’) with a ML balance force 212 subwoofer between them.
I am planning on getting a 65” tv to be mounted on a rolling tv stand that would be above the sub and I am looking into if a ML 50 XTI would sound good with what I have. Or would I have to go up to the ELECTROMOTION ESL C to make it match sound with my Montis?
I have a Arcam AVR750 powering this system.

Honestly I would save some money and see if you can find a used 50xt or go with the 50xti and go for a C18 later, I run Montis + C18 now and couldn't be happier. (Okay maybe C34A would be better XD)

Back