50 musicians who died too damn soon.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
great talent = early death

The flame that burns the brightest, burns the quickest.

kach22i said:
Could be, also: car crash, ham sandwich, drugs, puking and so forth.
be careful of those ham sandwiches, one went for Neil Young, but only got his finger.

http://www.smh.com.au/news/Film/Stones-back-Brian-Jones-death-movie/2005/05/17/1116095944660.html
The Rolling Stones have given their blessing to a new film which claims finally to solve the mystery behind the death of guitarist Brian Jones.

Jones was found dead in his swimming pool in 1969, aged 27, and was initially thought to have died from a drink and drugs overdose.

His finger?

Rick James - Bitch made the last call.

Robert Palmer is dead? That explains why no new LP's.

Sadly some others too...

Died to damn young...

W.A. Mozart died at 35 (Adv. life expectancy was less in 1791) still sad all the same.

Eva Cassidy died at 33.

We miss them and their musical contributions.

-robin

kach22i said:
His finger?
yeah, a few years back Neil Young took off the end of a finger while making himself a sandwich. do not trust lunch meat. it can turn on you.

kach22i said:
Robert Palmer is dead? That explains why no new LP's.
i really miss him, his best of albums were great because the liner notes took time for describing what was happening musically for him at the time he wrote/recorded the song. great musician.

SugarMedia said:
Interesting piece from NBC

http://tinyurl.com/dloyz

Happens far to often to musicians. Eric Dolphy is great that should be added to the list. In my mind, my grandfather is another. Though, he died before he became real popular. He had his own big band in the 30's. Spinal menigitis took him while he was in his late 20's.

Coltrane and Marley...

I don't remember if these greats were on the list of fifty...

John Coltrane died at 40 of liver cancer.

Bob Marley died at 36 of cancer too.

-Robin

The greatest "Story Telling Musician" of the last century Harry Chapin died(summer of 1981) on his way to one of his many charity concerts benifiting World Hunger. Harry's favorite song, " A Better Place to Be".... I trust he's there now.

Harry Chapin...

twich54 said:
The greatest "Story Telling Musician" of the last century Harry Chapin died(summer of 1981) on his way to one of his many charity concerts benifiting World Hunger. Harry's favorite song, " A Better Place to Be".... I trust he's there now.
Dave,

I agree, I loved Harry Chapin... My eldest son and I love "Cat's In The Craddle" Harry was really great.

-Robin

Robin said:
Dave,

I agree, I loved Harry Chapin... My eldest son and I love "Cat's In The Craddle" Harry was really great.

-Robin
Robin, I first saw Harry, his Dad and brothers Tom and Steve in Greenich Village, NYC 1971. I never missed a concert till his passing in 1981. One of his best was when he performed at the Eastmen Theater of Music in Rochester, NY in 1977. Harry Chapin and Gordon Lightfoot on stage together....awesome !!!!!

yeah, there are alot of good talent not on that list. Bon Scott, lead singer for AC/DC comes to mind. Choked on his own vomit...

Love the lunchmeat thread! LOL.

twich54 said:

In the same general vein, Jim Croce.

Although he hasn't died, Cat Stevens pretty much went away when he acquired his faith.

SteveInNC said:
In the same general vein, Jim Croce.

Although he hasn't died, Cat Stevens pretty much went away when he acquired his faith.
Gottcha !!! I just listen to "Tea for the Tillerman" the other nite !!

Surprised that nobody has thrown this name out there... :confused:

Elvis

If you ever get to Memphis, do the "gold" tour of Graceland. I did it years back and garnered a whole new level of respect for Elvis and how he lived. Last live performance was here in Indianapolis and I was there on a date at the tender young age of 18. Back then, I wasn't a big fan but got free tickets to the show and finding a young lady to accompany me was not the challenge it is today. Notice the emphasis there....hehehe ;)

Latest posts

Back