5.1 integrated amps for Mosaics?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neo

Reaction score
Can Mosaic owners post recommendations for integrated 5.1 amplifiers?
Recommendations are welcome from all the other wise ML owners too..These are going to be used as mains. The plan is to add surrounds & center in due time. A little budget constrained, so reference quality amplifiers are probably out.

5.1 amps

I really like the Denon integrated amps. They are good for the money and sometimes come up used. I have an older AV10SE that I really like but being a bit older it lacks some of the more recent connection options (HDMI, D2, etc). Its sound is very good and it is very flexible (can be used in 5.1, 6.1 or 7.1 modes and has completely assignable amps and can be used as a preamp for any given channel). Look for THX Ultra certification and make sure the amp can drive low ohm loads.

I've enjoyed the sound with NAD integrated amp, C372. I also use the Montages in a HT with a NAD T763.

In my listening experience, the Denon will work great for movies. However, I like pioneer elites for more balanced listening. The bass reproduction from pioneers is richer and more substantial than the sometimes metallic and hollow sound of a denon. Plus pioneers have some of the nicer integrated features like HDMI switching available at lower prices. Try the VSX-81txv. I think its $950 and has 2 HDMI switches capable of audio as well and HDMI transcoding. To get the upconversion I think you have to get the more expensive units. Plus 1080P capable for that future expandability thing. Take a listen to one.
Cheers
pioneer elite reciever

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back