3D/Augmented Reality Klipsch Speakers - Please give this a try

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimR78

Reaction score
So my day job is working for a 3D/AR company. We make 3D models for clients and have a platform to host the models, from there, a client can post them on their website, social media, retailers like Amazon, etc. This tech is awesome for consumers being able to see what a product looks like from all angles, plus being able to see it right in their space (think furniture, appliances, hot tubs, etc).

We just created around 30 models for Klipsch. I was just thinking how awesome would it be for ML to use this tech for consumers to see what a set of ESLs would look like in their own home? Be able to put the speakers the proper distance from the wall, walk around them placed in their room, you know?

To get a better idea of what I'm talking about, give it a try with these Klipsch speakers. If you're on desktop, click the link, it will bring up the 3D model. To see in your room, click the link via mobile.

Let me know what you think!

R-820
R-51M
RW-34C
AK6-Klipschhorn
R-120SW

Cool tech! So that scales the size to your room?

Thanks! When you launch it from mobile, the models launch 100% scaled, but you can zoom in or out (it tells you what % you're viewing it). If you launch the models and they won't fit, the real item isn't going to fit either.

Ok. I tried it with my android phone and it worked pretty good. Amazing if the scale it true to life. I cant get over how far technology has come. I see my phone has a tapemeasure app on it too, so someone its able to measure distance. Ive even seen advertisements for a website that sells clothes that are sized to you using the phone!

I grew up as a boy in the 70s and would have never imagined this high tech being around in 2020.

Agreed! Tech just keeps getting more and more advanced. It's hard to keep up with!

Back