2021 new gen Apple tv 4k Dolby Atmos Problems

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

JLasher22443

Reaction score
Yah I haven't had time to call or test. I'm just getting back to work from being on vacation and I've been playing the catchup game. This weekend I should be able to get in the room and do testing.

As for the Dolby Atmos channels working on ATV they do just not for the Netflix App. See and other Movies sound great and all channels are working. The issue is the Netflix App does not send the height Channels during movies and I'm going to test with Netflix movies. Last night I was able to watch a few Episodes of Lucifer which is in Dolby 5.1 not Atmos. The sound did occur and I hear it coming from the height channels above me. Very weird since Netflix wasn't broadcasting Atmos.

So my testing this weekend will just confirm if Atmos Height work in Netflix Movies.

I'll try my best to call Apple today and file a complaint.

Robert D

Reaction score
Yah I haven't had time to call or test. I'm just getting back to work from being on vacation and I've been playing the catchup game. This weekend I should be able to get in the room and do testing.

As for the Dolby Atmos channels working on ATV they do just not for the Netflix App. See and other Movies sound great and all channels are working. The issue is the Netflix App does not send the height Channels during movies and I'm going to test with Netflix movies. Last night I was able to watch a few Episodes of Lucifer which is in Dolby 5.1 not Atmos. The sound did occur and I hear it coming from the height channels above me. Very weird since Netflix wasn't broadcasting Atmos.

So my testing this weekend will just confirm if Atmos Height work in Netflix Movies.

I'll try my best to call Apple today and file a complaint.
My problem is on Apple tv+ as well as Netflix, so not just one app. I've not heard it yet on HBO Max, but haven't watched a lot in Atmos on there.

Robert D

Reaction score
The replacement Apple tv box came in literally overnight. So I will probably pick it up later today.

My new balanced force 210 just arrived here at my home too. Thanks to Shawn at DaVinci Media! So I'm gonna be busy.

Robert D

Reaction score
Well, a I watched several episodes of the new season of See in dolby Atmos and it never had a problem. That's after getting the new box. Maybe I had a defective unit. I must have watched a good 3 hours and not one hiccup.

Tonight I downloaded the brand new OS Apple released. Will have to wait and see if the problem comes back or if new problems arise. Hopefully all is well!

JonFo

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Robert, great to hear the new unit is delivering a more stable audio stream. That See series is one that is quite demanding with respect to connectivity between ATV and Processor / TV.

I have the latest TVOS on my units and all seems to be good with DV/Atmos streams from the various services.

Robert D

Reaction score
Robert, great to hear the new unit is delivering a more stable audio stream. That See series is one that is quite demanding with respect to connectivity between ATV and Processor / TV.

I have the latest TVOS on my units and all seems to be good with DV/Atmos streams from the various services.
Yeah, I'm caught up on the series and so far I've had no audio issues.

I'm not sure exactly what the problem was, but I think it had to be hardware related. It was either the ethernet switch or the Apple tv box itself, or a combo of both. All I know is that I've not had a reoccurrence. After replacing both I've had no problems!

JLasher22443

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm caught up on the series and so far I've had no audio issues.

I'm not sure exactly what the problem was, but I think it had to be hardware related. It was either the ethernet switch or the Apple tv box itself, or a combo of both. All I know is that I've not had a reoccurrence. After replacing both I've had no problems!
So my New 4K AppleTV is in and working great. Definitely was a Hardware issue IMHO. Haven't had any issues yet but still keeping my fingers crossed. Also went to the same scene again in El Camino at about 22 to 23 minutes into the movie where Jesse is in a holding cell in the ground and Todd comes up and talks to him from above ground. This time the dialogue was perfect and I could here Todd perfectly from the Dolby Atmos channels above. So now lets hope the electronic buzz never returns. LOL

Robert D

Reaction score
So my New 4K AppleTV is in and working great. Definitely was a Hardware issue IMHO. Haven't had any issues yet but still keeping my fingers crossed. Also went to the same scene again in El Camino at about 22 to 23 minutes into the movie where Jesse is in a holding cell in the ground and Todd comes up and talks to him from above ground. This time the dialogue was perfect and I could here Todd perfectly from the Dolby Atmos channels above. So now lets hope the electronic buzz never returns. LOL
We both must have had faulty devices. My new box is still ok. I was worried the new OS that came out last week would wreck things but so far no trouble! I sure hope that the hardware fault was the cause and we dont have to worry about it anymore. I sucks to be enjoying and engrossed in your movie and then it is all ruined by audio digital glitches or complete silence of all sound!

Latest posts