2007 Martin Logan NATIONAL Meet!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey_V

Reaction score
Alright guys.. thought I would get this thread going seeing as this probably wont happen for some time, but atleast get the idea out to people's heads.

So, as Tom mentioned, this will probably in Kansas so we can visit the ML factory.

We will need logistic help and probably a committee to help with all the planning and stuff... Dave (twich) offered to lend a hand.

Ok... well, I'll be the first to say: I'M IN!!

If I can squeeze a listening session out of the new ML (CLX or Super Summit) or the Statement e2x... my day, I mean, my month is made!

The possibility of doing it next year is fine. I think we need to set this in the summer... I get out of 3rd year medschool around mid-June for 2 weeks so that would be awesome if we could have the National Meet there! :D

I can see it now, as I take the final shelf exam in OB/Pediatrics, the only thing in my head... "national meet... national meet... national meet...." :eek:

Joey

I’m in.

My request would be firming up a date between now and January so I can put in for vacation time with work.

Zip3kx07 said:
I’m in.

My request would be firming up a date between now and January so I can put in for vacation time with work.

That's exactly why I put up this thread. We need to know well in advance when the National Meet will be so we can all have the time needed to put in time-off requests.

Glad to see that Joe will be headed there if all works out! Cant wait to meet Joe (zip)! :)

I'd like to attend. Just let me know when and where. :)

ml2007.gif

Last edited:
Joey_V said:
That's exactly why I put up this thread. We need to know well in advance when the National Meet will be so we can all have the time needed to put in time-off requests.

Glad to see that Joe will be headed there if all works out! Cant wait to meet Joe (zip)! :)
The zipper would love to go if we can pull this one off.

Hey Guys..

Sounds like a great idea and I will gladly coordinate everything if we have enuff interest and it looks like we definitely could do this next summer and promote the heck out of it and get a good turnout.

Here's what we should do:

First we should all agree on a date or dates to meet in Kansas. We should probably have a backup date in case ML cannot accomodate us on the first proposed date.

Once we have those dates, I will contact Devin Zell @ ML and ask him if this sort of thing (tour of the plant, etc) could be arranged for that date.

Once that is confirmed, we'll find a hotel nearby and see if they can give us a group rate.

After that, it's just a matter of getting people to come. I think it's a great idea and I don't see why ML wouldn't want us to come visit the mothership. :) It would be great for us to meet each other AND to check out ML corporate!

Let's get the ball rolling... who wants to propose dates? Let's hear it.

Tom.

I say middle of June to end of June.

That's when I have off... other than that, it's a little tough for me.

I'd *LOVE* to attend - just don't know that it will be possible coming from Australia.

June would be a great time as we could spend a few weeks doing other things as well.

Hey all,
I just emailed Devin @ ML asking him what his thoughts were on the matter.

I think it would be a great PR thing for ML. They could host a c0cktail party or BBQ or something for us while we're there... We could see how MLs are made, do some listening to new models, meet the folks at ML, and of course, it would be WAY cool to meet some of the people who have made this site what it is.

So let's see what Devin says and we'll go from there.

Tom.

Joey_V said:
We will need logistic help and probably a committee to help with all the planning and stuff... Dave (twich) offered to lend a hand.

Ok... well, I'll be the first to say: I'M IN!!

Joey

Count me in,Need help with the after hours entertainment,if it's still there I remember a place in Lawerence called The Outhouse.I can't speak for their sound system,but the entertainment was mighty fine!! :D

Would a Saturday be better than a weekday? For most of us Saturday is probably not a workday and therefore one less day of leave to burn. Are they open on a Saturday?

Craig said:
Would a Saturday be better than a weekday? For most of us Saturday is probably not a workday and therefore one less day of leave to burn. Are they open on a Saturday?
I agree that burning less vacation time would be nice. We'll see what ML suggests...

Tom, I am most definetly interested, with advance my schedule is pretty flexible. Also, if you need my help in any way just say so !!

Saturday is a good day for me.. as long as I'm off, that's all that matters! ;)

man, I can already taste a nice 16oz KC strip steak, seared med-rare, ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......... oh course a Bombay Saphire or two before hand would be in order !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back