2007 Martin Logan NATIONAL Meet!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn I wish I could come! Sydney to Kansas is a long long way but I am working on it! Hopefully I'll be seeing you all.

ML Plant Tour and Possible Audition of CLX Speakers...

This Get-together sounds Sanfrantastic! :D I wonder if ML willing to let our membership audition Statement e2x's and the CLX...? :p It's interesting to think - just what electronics and cables they might use to auditions ML's?

I am curious, if ML still has the HT room Gayle set-up years ago with the Statement e2's Theater i and Script i's. I remember the HT room had a special tapered ceiling. The ML - HT room was built from the ground-up under Gayles' supervision... I wish I would have saved the photos from the old ML company web-site... If it does still exist, I wonder if our membership would be offered a tour of that site as well? :confused:

Robin said:
This Get-together sounds Sanfrantastic! :D I wonder if ML willing to let our membership audition Statement e2x's and the CLX...? :p It's interesting to think - just what electronics and cables they might use to auditions ML's?

I am curious, if ML still has the HT room Gayle set-up years ago with the Statement e2's Theater i and Script i's. I remember the HT room had a special tapered ceiling. The ML - HT room was built from the ground-up under Gayles' supervision... I wish I would have saved the photos from the old ML company web-site... If it does still exist, I wonder if our membership would be offered a tour of that site as well? :confused:
Devin says they're in the middle of remodeling the offices. We will definitely be able to hear the CLXs (per Devin). Not sure about the Statements.. That would be AWESOME, though!

twich54 said:
man, I can already taste a nice 16oz KC strip steak, seared med-rare, ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.........
Has to be one of the Best Strip Steaks I have ever had while in Kansas City. I usually prefer a Rib-Eye over a Strip...but this strip was memorable - even 8 years later...

Just want to chime in a say Tom's idea of visiting a venue with live music is a wonderful idea! As mentionond many many times in the magazines....live music is needed to give us all a point of reference with "the absolute sound" :)

I have family close to Lawrence and one year while visiting during xmas, I called ML to see if I could run over and "see the plant." They were happy to oblige little ol me, so my father and my son plopped into the car and drove to Lawrence.

The factory tour is quite interesting to ML product owners. We were taken all over the plant and given a great personal tour. You all will really enjoy seeing the factory. Most office workers listen to the radio on little AM/FM portable radios. These guys were listening to the radio with ML Theater and Cinema speakers!

The powder coating furnace was interesting, too.

I cannot attend this function, but I know ML will be most gracious in their hosting.

(One more thing. Imagine cubical partitions made out of ML speaker grills. Pretty cool.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back