$126.00 complete Acoustic Audio surround system

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spkrdctr

Reaction score
I was cruising through Amazon today and I was shocked to see a high quality surround sound 5.1 set up like Acoustic Audio for an all in price of $126! with free shipping (prime). Here is the big item that seals the deal for me. It includes a blue light that lights up your subwoofer cone when the sub turns on! Martin Logan engineers are having some stiff competition as none of their subs include the blue light feature. I will get everyone's input on this incredible deal on Amazon. Just google Acoustic Audio surround system and you will see it.

I'm now going down into my bomb shelter as I await comments. Please use humor in responding. I want to see how good you guys are at making up funny stuff! Gotta do something besides focus on COVID. I'm putting on flame proof clothing too. :) :) :)

Blue lights brings back old memories of Kmart growing up! I loved going there and shopping for Star Wars toys back in the 70s! Got a bunch of Jawas there when all the other stores were sold out. My mother found out when the new shipments came in and we would be there when they cut open the big box, before they hit the shelves. Still got those today.

I was cruising through Amazon today and I was shocked to see a high quality surround sound 5.1 set up like Acoustic Audio for an all in price of $126! with free shipping (prime). Here is the big item that seals the deal for me. It includes a blue light that lights up your subwoofer cone when the sub turns on! Martin Logan engineers are having some stiff competition as none of their subs include the blue light feature. I will get everyone's input on this incredible deal on Amazon. Just google Acoustic Audio surround system and you will see it.

I'm now going down into my bomb shelter as I await comments. Please use humor in responding. I want to see how good you guys are at making up funny stuff! Gotta do something besides focus on COVID. I'm putting on flame proof clothing too. :) :) :)
Acoustic Audio do not buy. Too small meaning ideal for only desktop use and inside the product the company may have cut corners to deliver so much for so little coin.You already have Electromotion ESL. My advice apply the $126 towards a power cable for your amplifier.

Oh man, awesome! It's even down to $102 today.

And not just blue, any color, even red. Red-light reminds me of a favorite district ...

Screen Shot 2020-07-30 at 4.59.21 PM.png

But I will point out that the incredible MartinLogan Monoray DOES have color backlights for the panels (Hue compatible no less) so stiff competition to this stuff on Amazon for sheer bling.

That is some awesome pics of the subwoofer. I don't know if you guys have ever listened to a 5.1 system for $102.00 but I have. If you leave the volume very low they sound ok, but the minute you start to turn it up to a low for home theater level, it starts crapping out. When I was a tech years ago I did all kinds of tests on drivers. I turned tweeters into loud buzzers then the smoke was let out and they stopped. I took Bose 901 drivers and overpowered them and ran them at a low frequency and destroyed them too, But they will take some abuse and keep going. It is amazing how much abuse most drivers will take before they let out their smoke.

Throwback moment for you guys. Remember the old Cerwin Vega speakers with the big 15 inch woofers? I fixed a lot of them. Guys would set them up outside for an outdoor party. Then to get any real volume outdoors they had to crank up the receiver. You guessed it, the extreme clipping would fry the voice coils every time. They thought because the speakers were big they couldn't hurt them. Clipping taught then a lesson. That 15 inch woofer I think even 35 years ago was like $75.00. Cerwin Vegas big guns, a blast from the past!

Throwback moment for you guys. Remember the old Cerwin Vega speakers with the big 15 inch woofers?
Yup, in '82 I had a pair, and man they could play loud, but not anywhere near as clean as my dad's Large Advents. In '84, I stepped up to Boston Acoustics, mucho better.

Back