Some easy DIY Room Tuning with great results.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjqiv

Reaction score
I was reading a review of Eighth Nerve Acoustics products on 6moons.com and thought I might put some of their ideas into practice with some scrap material I had lying around (or outside) of the house.

I made some 7" triangles out of sheet rock and used painter tape to attach to the ceiling corners. 7" inch triangle was biggest I could make with available scrap material. Made a slight, but positive change in the sound. Used my voice and music as test.

Next, I had some 1'x3/4"x7' sheets of MDF left-over from some bookshelves that I had ripped out of a bedroom. I placed those on floor under the triangles. Just leaning in for now. The room is sounding much better. The most noticable change is more midrange detail/texture and a bit more air to the music.

I want to make 16" triangles and try putting some fiberglass insulation behind them. I also want to playing around more with the mdf sheets. Possibly sealing them with insulation behind. I will be redoing the room soon. I may tape and plaster them in permanently.

P.S., my wife thinks I nuts

http://www.sixmoons.com/audioreviews/8nerve/8nerve.html

So you just used 7"x7"x7" triangles in upper corners, and 1'x7' MDF in lower corners just leaning against the walls/corner? Correct?

Interesting...I am just readin the article now...

Sounds like something to try while the wife is at work :cool:

jjqiv said:
P.S., my wife thinks I nuts

Stand in line....mine does too!!!

Dan

Last edited:
One local stereo store horsed around using shirt cardboard triangles before ordering "RoomTunes". The cardboard is still there years later - worked good enough for free.

DTB300 said:
So you just used 7"x7"x7" triangles in upper corners, and 1'x7' MDF in lower corners just leaning against the walls/corner? Correct?

Dan

Yep! It only took a few minutes.

Back