System #208 (Vista)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steveiz

Reaction score
System #208 (Vista, Cinema i, Script i)

Name: Steve
Purchased at: <br>Magnolia Hi-Fi, Seattle / University Audio, WI/ IMElectronuts(E-bay)

Vista s in Black<br>
Cinema i<br><br>
Script i s<br><br>
Our Home Theatre:
Front Speakers: Vistas / B&K 125.2 S2 Amp
Centre Channel: Cinema I / B&K 200.1 AMP
Subs: 2 Outlaw LFM-1s
Side Surrounds: Script i s/ ART SLA2 Amp
Rear Surrounds: KEF C44 / SONY N110 Amp
Monster Powerline 2 Cable for Left/Centre/Right speakers
SONY VPL-VW50
Panasonic DMP-BD10A -Blu-ray
Toshiba HD-A1 –HD Dvd
Pioneer DV 563A -SACD/DVD-A
Pioneer CLD 3070 Laser Disc
Direct TV HR20-700 HD
Anthem AVM-20 Pre Amp/Proc
Monster HTS 5100 Power Conditioner<br><br>
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• HomeTheatre(NEW)front-1a.jpg
    HomeTheatre(NEW)front-1a.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 1,551
  • HomeTheatre(NEW)L_Surr-1a.jpg
    HomeTheatre(NEW)L_Surr-1a.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 1,530
  • HomeTheatre(NEW)R_Surr-1a.jpg
    HomeTheatre(NEW)R_Surr-1a.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 1,542
Last edited:
Steve,

Your room looks friggin' AWSOME!

How on earth did you do that ceiling treatment at the front of the room.

Happy Listening/Watching!

Looks great. Might get some wire loom for under the screen, but other than that who could complain! VERY NICE!

:music: Thanks for all the compliments !!:music:

Let's start planning that "Fifth Element" viewing party !!

The ceilling is based on a Poly-Cylindrical Membrane trap. Building them wasn't too hard, But geting them mounted was a big job, Thankfully I had a friend with the right equipement! I had seen these in a recording studio once and thought It would be right in our Home Theatre.

Here's an explanation of the Poly-Cylindrical trap theory:

The so-called membrane “trap” that uses thin sheets of ⅛- or ¼-inch plywood placed on boxes that are mounted on surfaces around a room. The airspace between the membrane and wall is packed with damping materials designed to broaden the bandwidth of low-frequency absorption.
Combining a membrane trap with a curved surface adds diffusion of mid- to high frequencies to the low-frequency solution. Such curved units are called poly-cylindrical or functional traps,.

Although their LF effectiveness is limited by size, the ability to treat two almost inseparable problems at once — low-frequency modal buildups and the lack of diffusion inherent in small rooms — makes them a remarkably efficient solution.

Your room looks very cool as well !! You've put together a great set-up. Nice Job !! Are you a musician?

Thanks Steve,
No, I've always had a love of music, But unfortunatly possess no musical talent.
I could be wrong, but I believe we are the only 2 on the site driving our Logan's with B & K.
Happy Listening
wayne

Wayne, I also have very little musical performing talent. I decided long ago that my career should be in back of the microphones, NOT in front of them !!

I bought my first B&K amp a few decades ago at the urging of a good friend who worked at Tweeter,etc. There are so many fine high end amps these days.

Steve,

Superb system from top to bottom!

I noticed you bought from University Audio also? I bought my Vantages from Ben over there and referred some business to him (Krells).

Saweet!

Joey :)

Name: Steve
Purchased at: <br>Magnolia Hi-Fi, Seattle / University Audio, WI/ IMElectronuts(E-bay)

Vista s in Black<br>
Cinema i<br><br>
Script i s<br><br>
Our Home Theatre:
Front Speakers: Vistas / B&K 125.2 S2 Amp
Centre Channel: Cinema I / B&K 200.1 AMP
Subs: 2 Outlaw LFM-1s
Side Surrounds: Script i s/ ART SLA2 Amp
Rear Surrounds: KEF C44 / SONY N110 Amp
Monster Powerline 2 Cable for Left/Centre/Right speakers
SONY VPL-VW50
Panasonic DMP-BD10A -Blu-ray
Toshiba HD-A1 –HD Dvd
Pioneer DV 563A -SACD/DVD-A
Pioneer CLD 3070 Laser Disc
Direct TV HR20-700 HD
Anthem AVM-20 Pre Amp/Proc
Monster HTS 5100 Power Conditioner<br><br>
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

:rocker: This is our lastest update adding the :clap: s

I absolutely love your setup!! And that Sony front projector is amazing (I saw it in action). If I had a dedicated theater room, a Sony SXRD front projector would be a no brainer. Great job on the acoustic treatments BTW.:)

Thanks for sharing that amazing system.

Seth

I absolutely love your setup!! And that Sony front projector is amazing (I saw it in action). If I had a dedicated theater room, a Sony SXRD front projector would be a no brainer. Great job on the acoustic treatments BTW.:)

Thanks for sharing that amazing system.

Seth

Thanks Seth. You've got a Might Fine system there. Very Impressive !

Quite impressive listening room:cool:

I like the ceiling treatment a lot.:bowdown:

Back