System #104 (Summit / CLS II)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theWB

Reaction score
Wayne
Chicago,Illinois

Martin Logans

Fronts: Summit Dark Cherry Purchased 6/2008
Fronts: CLS II Originally Dark Oak Purchased 10/2008
Center: Theater i
Rears: Script i
Sub: Descent Cherry Trim
All purchased January 2005

Mods

Zu Cable "Birth" power cord 2 meter length,(Descent)
jtwrace's 3" Rear Spikes for Summits
Refinished CLS Frames in Cherry
Arcici stands for CLS
Sensing Power Supplies for CLS
Replaced panels CLS 11/2008
Tributaries 10-gauge Series 9 power cords for Summits and CLSs

Components

Amp: B&K Reference 200.5 II
Mono Block Amps: 2 Emotiva XPA-1's
Preamp: B&K Reference 50 II
Power: Monster Power HTS-5100 MK II
Stabilizer: Monster Power AVS 2000
Music Server: Escient Fireball E2-300 (300GB)
SACD/DVD: Denon DVD-3910
DAC: PS Audio Digital Link III with Cullen Level 3 Modifications
Satellite HD Receiver/Recorder: Dishnetwork VIP622 DVR (250GB)
TV: Sony 70" LCD Grand Wega KDF-70XBR950
Gaming: PS3 (80GB)
Speaker Selector: Adcom GFS 300
Remote: Universal Remote Control Inc's MX3000
Antenna: Channel Master CM-3010
Cabinet: Salamander Synergy
Amp Stand: VTI BL404 (Used for the Descent)

Cables and Connections

All Cabling and Connections from Monster Cable, Zu Cable, and Black Mountain Cable

Fronts: Zu Julian with Banana connectors 10 foot length for CLSs 8 foot for Summits
Center: M1.2s cable with Quicklock Gold Angled Spade Connectors
Rears: Same as Center
Sub: Monsterbass M Series 1000 Interconnect
Escient Audio: Interlink Lightspeed 200
Escient Video: Z300 Component Video
Denon Audio: M550i 6 Channel Interconnect
Denon Video: Z300 Component video
DAC: Black Mountain Cable Peak Silver XLRs 1 meter length
Dishnetwork DVR: HDMI400/DVI-2m

Acoustic Panels

4-Tri-Corner Traps from ASC Acoustic Sciences Corporation
4-2x2 Panels behind Mains and on side wall from ATS Acoustics
2-Tri-Traps from GIK Acoustics
1-244 panel from GIK Acoustics behind the TV
3-10"X10" Acoustical Foam corners from Foam N More INC behind the Script i's and Theater i

Attachments

• CLS 2 CHERY.JPG
    CLS 2 CHERY.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 10,041
  • Logan 2.JPG
    Logan 2.JPG
    75.2 KB · Views: 9,532
  • Logan 3.JPG
    Logan 3.JPG
    72.4 KB · Views: 9,679
  • Logan 4.JPG
    Logan 4.JPG
    77.4 KB · Views: 9,791
Last edited:
Looks great!! Happy to see a fellow Chicagoan.

Super system! Nice to see another Chicagoan as well!

We should really form a club. ;)

You're very lucky to have a dedicated room like that. Looks great!

Yeah Baby!!

Now that's one Nice, Clean setup. I see you got the wireless setup. :)
Rock on!!

Very nice, clean HT setup you have Wayne ! You should share your thoughts on your B&K gear for I believe another member had inquired as to it's performance last week or so.

Happy Viewing / listening !!!!

That room looks huge!

It seems lately that a lot of the more recent system posts have very large dedicated rooms.

Thanks WB, I now have room envy to go along with my speaker envy (thanks to Joey).

Munster said:
Do you have everything through the wall or is that just a photo op?

Thanks for the comments

All the wiring is through the walls and the attic.If you look closely at the third picture you'll see we had to come through the ceiling with the wiring.Couldn't get through the joists on that wall because of the pitch in the roof.The Scripts are daisy chained for electricity with the Theater i which is plugged into the power center,this way there was no need to instsall extra electric outlets in the attic.The room took almost a year to complete,wife picked out room color,blinds,furniture,wall decor and the granite for the bar.I got to pick out the equipment,(comprimise is a wonderful thing).Kruppy room size is 21' x 23'.I installed all lighting which is contolled by the remote.Moved the Scripts several times to get the right surround effect ended up mounting them upside down for the best sound and look.

Last edited:
windows

Very nice setup, i wish i had a room that size, mine is 12X23. are those windows in your room and if so what did you use to cover them with to control the outside light? thanks

Thanks Lex
Those are windows,covered with simple blinds,ordered them tight,but some light does creep through along the edges,but for the most part it keeps the room pitch black during the day.

Last edited:
Beautiful theater room. I only hope mine will look half as good when finished.

Great System...

Wayne,

Excellent! Great looking system. Your HT room looks very comfortable and user friendly as well. Are those real guitars mounted on you rear walls or just decorative?

Your HT system must sound as good as it looks... :D

Your System is so Beautiful...

theWB said:
Robin,
Thanks for the kind words,as an ht system and when listening to 5.1 surround music the system does great and I have no complaints.But I mainly like listening to music,and in simple 2 channel at that.Though the B&K amp does a great job with no problems in 5.1 mode,It does struggle sometimes in 2 channel at loud volume and I like it loud,we'll probably replace soon.And those are real guitars,(Schector Damien 6),both left and right handed.If your wondering if I play,Air Guitar is all I can handle. :D
Wayne,

Well your system and your Schector Damien 6 guitars are simply gorgeous. I listen to about 20-25% stereo music. It is wonderful... :D

Hi Wayne,

First off what an awesome system and setup!

I was wondering how you like the Salamander Synergy rack that you have. I am considering purchasing the same rack for my setup.

Thanks!

Hi Wayne,

First off what an awesome system and setup!

I was wondering how you like the Salamander Synergy rack that you have. I am considering purchasing the same rack for my setup.

Thanks!

Doug,
Thanks for the kind words.

I love the synergy rack, I regret only 2 things.

1. I went with the Triple and should have went with the Quad, more room for new pieces of equipment.
2. Should have went with the casters for feet, would be much easier to move out for cleaning and changing equipment or cables.

I love the synergy rack, I regret only 2 things.

1. I went with the Triple and should have went with the Quad, more room for new pieces of equipment.
2. Should have went with the casters for feet, would be much easier to move out for cleaning and changing equipment or cables.

Thanks for the info Wayne! I am looking at a quad for the same reason you stated but I hadn't thought about the casters. Mind if I ask where you got yours? I am thinking about ordering from Audio Advisor but I am a little apprehensive.

Back