Which subwoofer for the Aerius MkI?

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 2312

Reaction score
Hello,

I own a pair of Aerius MkI and I drive them by a DR-5 preamplifier + a Jeff Rowland M1 amplifier. I am happy about the performance, but the low end is lacking for organ music and when I use the Aerius to watch movies.

A friend of mine suggested me the use of a subwoofer, but I am not an expert.

Which sub do you suggest for both movies and two-channel music? Someone suggested me to search among the ML Dynamo subwoofers (e.g. the 700) as they were thought to work along with the ML panels, but any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you very much!

Ciao.

Luca

Hola Luca. I do like a lot the dynamo 700W. Is is a very nice sounding sub, and really gets low, where the big pipe organ low frequency is. Of course you can spend more money and get a better one. It all depends of how much money do you want to invest in the sub. Also, you could try to find it used there at Italy. Do some research at your audio and video forums, perhaps you might get a nice one, and also in a better price. Happy listening!

Thank you Roberto. Did you listen the 700 along with Martin Logan loudspeakers?

Yes... I know that out there are good brands that make good subs, but I assure you that the Dynamo 700W is very good with deep bass. Try to listen to it, and tell us what do you think. Happy listening!

Thank you very much. I'll try to listen to the 700.

Regards.

Luca

Dont know the price in Italy, but depending on your room size I would suggest the REL T5, if you have quite a big room 2 smaller, less expensive subs would be better than one more expensive.

Back