Vibration Control - Racks, stand, vibrapods, surfaces, etc.

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Joe,

Yet again, I'm rabid regarding elimination of vibration induced distortions. It's all audible.

Are we having fun yet?

Gordon

Gordon,

Thanks for the EXTENSIVE write up! :D

I will definitely read and reread it.

I agree that vibration kills good music. When I had that Descent i the vibration was horrible until I used the supplied spikes. Now I'm getting vibration due to the fact the marble is just sitting on the carpeting.

Right now I'm just burning things in and will start seriously tweaking things on the week ends as work is consuming my time right now.

I guess I would have to say YES, in spite of the fact I know I have a long way to go, I AM HAVING FUN AGAIN!!!! :music:

The best part is knowing it's going to get A LOT better over the next few months. I've only got to get the Salamander triple installed, get the right speaker distance apart and from the wall, the proper panel tilt using Jason's spikes, toe in, etc. etc. What REALLY makes this journey fun though is "talking" to all the great people on this forum, and knowing I'm the only nut case out here! :eek:

Joe

If anyone knows what sonic effect a species of wood or other material has, it is this guy.
Absolutely. After many discussions with Roberto, I too use pieces of wood under my amplifiers. First it helps in getting some more air around the amps, and two it does change the sound depending on the type of wood used (make sure not to touch the feet of the amp). With limited 1x1 wood types at my local HD, I have settled on using Poplar.

Boy, having Mike available for discussions and comments is a real treat for your Tampa folks. Isolation and vibration control are great subtle tweaks for our setups - and they do not have to cost a fortune either.

Gordon,

With all this fancy stuff I would think that you don't use the spikes I made for you? :(

Hi Jason,

As my friend Rich indicated, your wonderful spikes are still installed and doing their magic.

Gordon

Hi Jason,

As my friend Rich indicated, your wonderful spikes are still installed and doing their magic.

Gordon

Whew. Now I can sleep.....I was thinking of the newer version to FORCE you all to do it otherwise. Ya know what? I figured it out....but we don't need to go that route. :D

I have my equipment on a Lovan sovereign rack. Each section is isolated and spiked and all the tubing is filled with sand. I use Symposium rollerblocks under my amp, pre , cdp and conditioner. I used the double stack method under my cdp along with a symposium svelte shelf which I want to upgrade to the ultra shelf. The double stack is a rollerblock body, the tungstun bearing, then another inverted rollerblock body on top of the bearing.

I can't say enough good things about the rollerblocks series 2. I was amazed at adding the 2nd set to the cdp did. Eventually, I want to have symposium shelves under everything as well. Don't forget about your conditioners when it come to vibration control, it doeas make a difference.

I the past I have used vibrapods and BDR cones, 3's and 4's,but found they can't come close to the Symposium offerings at www.symposiumusa.com

Cheers, Greg

[QUOTE=DTB300;68463 (make sure not to touch the feet of the amp).

Dan, why would you not want to touch the feet?

Do you feel this true for all equipment?

Thanks

3" spikes

Jayson,

Just in case the 2.5" spikes don't do the trick . . . . do you have any more 3" spikes left? How much are a set of 4?

Thanks.

Joe

Latest posts

Back