Using a TV remote through Cinema Airframe/stator

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magnaman

Reaction score
Having just got some wonderful Vistas, I can see an immediate need for the Cinema's currently being cleared cheap.
Only problem, the obvious place to put the center speaker is immediately below the screen on my Samsung, in front of the TV speaker base which is about 8-10" high. This is also where the remote sensor for the TV is. Can you pass an infra-red signal through the airframe/stator structure to the sensor, or will some Faraday cage type effect block this signal?

Thanks Cherian, a good idea. Searching also throws up a similar solution from Crutchfield that may prove even cheaper. Cinema ordered accordingly. Funny how you can always persuade yourself that something is justifiable somehow!

OK, having received the Cinema, it is transparent to normal IR, so this is a non-issue. As if I don't have enough real things to worry about!

OK, having received the Cinema, it is transparent to normal IR, so this is a non-issue. As if I don't have enough real things to worry about!

Sweet! Congrats on the Cinema!

Nice to know that you have no problems with the IR... :). BTW, how much did the Cinema cost, seeing as it's on sale?

Joey

We have the same situation. I currently have my cinema i in front of the Samsung; its just fits. I tried it on the floor, as the manual suggests, but could not get used to it.

I recently purchased a wall mount designed for a TV and plan to place it above the Samsung. Its nice that ML supplies that stand, which fits flat in front of the wall mount. Although using the remote is not a problem, I just don't like it in front of the TV. It is just too big.

Back