Universal DVD/SACD Players

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh man, I must be absolutely crazy. I love drooling over fun audio stuff online. I was looking around again tonight after reading some threads here about the Parasound brand, and how well they go with ML's, that I figured I would venture over to their webpage and check them out. Well, what do you know? They have a reasonably priced universal SACD DVD player too. Two of them in fact, and both look really interesting. Has anyone ever heard of the Parasound D3, or the D200? How do they sound? Apparently the Home Theater Company in Sacramento sells this brand, so I will probably see if I can get some time to head downtown and take a listen.

-capT :music:

Oh My gosh! I think I found it! I have no idea why I have not seen this before. How about the Cary Audio DVD8. It has just about everything that I am looking for. Multichannel support for SACD, DVD-A, plays DVD-V, has HDMI up to 1080i (is 1080p really necessary?) AND on top of it all, does HDCD! At first glance, it sounds too good to be true, has anyone had any experience with this? Looks like it retails for about $1200. That's not too bad...

-capT

CapT, 1080p can only make a difference if the display has a 1080p native resolution and accepts 1080p inputs. I have a Sharp Aquos which does. Some reviewers critisize the Arcam DV137's de-interlacing quality,
but I find the upscaled picture quality quite stunning. It is much better than the 1080i pictures which my Denon 2910 produces. Which means that the Arcam's de-interlacer, amongst other factors, is much better than either the Sharp or the Denon.

The Denon 3920 gets good reviews for picture quality; I doubt I would like its audio quality, however.

Latest posts

Back