Tv gone

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timm

Reaction score
Finally set up my dedicated ht and seperate 2 ch room. Wow what a difference. Someone mentioned soundstage diff when you get the tv out of the middle. Man you guys weren't kidding. What an incredible difference. Everything is so much bigger more defined just everything.

Thanks to all for the rack thread. It made me start thinking of possibilities. On another note - I love the new space for the ht as well. I'm using my paradigms.

Maybe the new rack has helped a bit too. I have kept the rack low and it looks sweet. I got the same rack as some others here- the vti.

I'm a happy camper

Excellent news! Apart from the sonic benfits, I think a room looks tidier without a jumble of stuff between the speakers (except, perhaps, a pair of mono blocks on the floor).

The light-bulb came on for me when I did this too. I wish I could have kept it like that but the room could not support it due to a multi-purpose design of the room.

The next house, I get a room!

Gordon

Hi Timm, crogradulations. I couldn't beleive it either when I dismantled my Lovan Soveriegn rack which has unduivdual stackable spiked sections and spread it out between the space between the speakers. What a difference and it looks better also. I now just have 2 racks stacked dead center with the pre and cdp, then the amp on a single rack section on the left and the Audience Response conditioner on a single rack section on the right side.

I had previosuly been reading about this on this forum and decided to try it one day. Someone on this forum has the user line at the bottom of each post that says (get that rack out from between your speakers)absolutly correct

I will have to submit new pictures sometime to reflect the change.I think having an electric screen and pj is the way to go over a huge TV that just impeeds upon the space and musical presentation as well.

Cheers, Greg

yes-- pics will be forthcoming... I will put them up shortly.... :)

My room is a rectangle - but there is a wall in the middle of it - shaped like an 'L'... The 2 ch stayed on the short side of the L - while the HT moved around the corner. I only have about 11 feet of depth for the HT - but I like it a lot - especially for hockey & movies. The 2 ch area has close to 20 feet of depth -- so I guess you know my priorities... The Odyssey panels are about 6' off the front wall - and I have them about 8' apart and I am about 7' away from the speakers with about another 7' behind me to the back wall.

I'll get the pics to give you a better idea....

MTM,

Besides the tube envy I have for your Cary, you now givin me rack envy. Your setup was like the Roy Hobbs of Hi Fi. If you tellin me it is even better, I think I just need throw a sheet over my stuff and call it a day.

Thanks for lettin me hear your stuff last year. It was the best I ever heard. You should sell tickets my man. It is that good:afro:

BroBing

Back