TONE Audio - Vol 34.....it's about damn time!

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimna

Reaction score
....that a HiFi rag finally had some balls! I will be the first to admit that I had more than a few issues with Jeff, and some of his comments here when he played in our playpen, so this isn't contrived.... but WOW has he hit home with this issue! I really loved his opening statements in the Publishers Letter. He really spoke for me and my type(or maybe generation) of listener/music lover/consumer/concert goer/audiophile, and my feelings on the current situation of this dragon we all chase. ...And then he put his money where his mouth was by reviewing tons of fresh music, and even LIVE performances (which seems to get forgotten buy the audiophile community that never leaves home except to pay for their gear.....seriously get out more people).....and then to top that off he writes a negative review of his cover stories performance! The nerve of that guy!;) This is an issue I have had with the music press for yrs, they never say anything bad. It doesn't get anymore real than that folks, seriously.

Long story short, read TONE Audio.
http://www.tonepublications.com/MAGPDF/TA_034HDX.pdf

Jeff, I doubt you will read this but, thanks, THAT was a good read.

Last edited:
The one thing TONE Audio really could improve on is the sub-par live photography, I would smoke them all. :devil:

From Widespread Panic's New Years run here in Denver:
John Bell
5325666422_b2cd151df2_z.jpg

Dave Bromberg
5325066011_decf05ed50_z.jpg

Last edited:
The one thing TONE Audio really could improve on is the sub-par live photography, I would smoke them all. :devil:

From Widespread Panic's New Years run here in Denver:
John Bell
5325666422_b2cd151df2_z.jpg

Dave Bromberg
5325066011_decf05ed50_z.jpg

Those photos are smokin'... nice work.

That Tascam DR-2d is one cool little hi-res pocket recorder! I've done many field recordings in the past and relied heavily on a Sony DAT (which gave astoundingly good results for what it was, but was limited to 48KHz). I may have to drop some hints to the wife as this Tascam would make an alarmingly good B-day present later this month :D

Thanks again for the publication pointer. Lotsa good stuff... and those planar magnetic headphones might be just the ticket for field monitoring as well :)

Its a good read for sure. Glad I could bring it to light.

I am thinking about buying a Tascam DR680 soon, they make a solid deck.

Back