Tone Audio reviews the av123 - LS6

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonFo

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
In a recent Spotlight review, Tone Audio covered the nifty new line-source speakers from av123.com, the the LS-6

Now, these are dynamic / ribbon speaker systems, and like most line sources, they throw a huge, deep soundstage.

However, I was puzzled by one comment in that review:

The LS-6 has only a few minor drawbacks; as with every line source speaker, there is a bit of diffusion that happens in the imaging, due to so many drivers interacting. And I must admit that I have never been a fan of line source speakers because of this issue.

Excuse me, but coming from a ML fan, and considering all ML esl's are line sources, where did that come from? :confused:

Jeff, care to explain?

PS- before anyone tries to say that an ESL is a single element vs n-number discrete ribbon drivers, please remember that an ESL panel is subdivided into discrete segments by the spars on the Mylar.

I see what you mean Jonathan (I just got done reading the article myself), while Jeff will have to step in here and give his rebuttal I am of the opinion that our Logans don't have nearly the so-called imaging issues, 'because of' their inherint design (ESL)....again, IMO.

In a recent Spotlight review, Tone Audio covered the nifty new line-source speakers from av123.com, the the LS-6

Now, these are dynamic / ribbon speaker systems, and like most line sources, they throw a huge, deep soundstage.

However, I was puzzled by one comment in that review:

Excuse me, but coming from a ML fan, and considering all ML esl's are line sources, where did that come from? :confused:

Jeff, care to explain?

Actually, it was a typo that nobody caught. I changed it now, I meant "line array", as in a speaker made up of multiple woofers and tweeters...

Sorry about that and thanks for catching it. I can't believe it went past all of us and the people at AV123 as well!

So what did you guys think of that cool Red Eye remote?

Back