The NEW Palm Pre

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sleepysurf

Reaction score
Looks like Palm hit a home run with their new WebOS and Palm Pre hardware, just announced today at CES...
http://www.palm.com/us/products/phones/pre/index.html

As a looooong-time Palm user (since the original PalmPilot), I thought my Treo 755p was the end-of-the-road for me and Palm. NOT!

At first blush, looks like Jon Rubinstein has not only resurrected the Palm brand, but has leapfrogged every other device, by combining all the best features of the Treo. iPhone, Blackberry, and Google Android, in a single slick interface that will thrive in both the personal and corporate environment. They needed a revolutionary release, and I think they nailed it!

My only concern is battery life, given all it's functionality. Fortunately, it uses a replaceable battery, so I could always carry a spare.

I'm sold! What do you all think?

As a fellow long-term Treo user, I think I need one of these!

I got a bit concerned recently 'cause it looked like Palm were favouring M$ WinCE for their more recent phones, but happily this new phone avoids that crap.

interesting.. I had a Palm Pilot for years.. Still have a Tungsten T3 that I never use anymore as my Samsung BlackJack did most of what the Palm could do and now that I have an iPhone, it'll certainly never get used again.

Back