Tesla sequence number

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaboomnash

Reaction score
My wife and I paid the down payment to reserve our Tesla Model S. Our sequence number in line is 3,262.
Her current ride is a 2009 Mazda Speed3 with less than 3,000 miles on the odometer. It has never seen rain or snow.
Her 4-cyl Turbo Speed3 is 0-60 mph in 5.3 seconds, the larger Tesla MS EV does 0-60 mph in 5.6 seconds.
We feel the Tesla MS will be a nice addition to our stable since we can charge it directly from our 6.5Kw PV Solar Panels on our home.
•Deliveries for North America begin in mid-2012.
•The first 1000 cars off the line will be the North American Model S Signature Series. Those vehicles will be equipped with a 300 mile range battery. In the tradition of a limited-edition series, they will feature unique badging and an extensive complement of options.
•After the Model S Signature Series, deliveries for North America will continue with the 300 mile batteries, followed by 230 and 160 options later in 2012.
•We expect to produce approximately 5,000 units in 2012 as we ramp to full single shift production capacity of 20,000 units per year in 2013.
•The price of the US base Model S with a 160-mile battery is $49,900 after the $7,500 federal tax credit. The 230-mile range option is expected to price at about $10,000 more and the 300-mile option at about $20,000 more than the base.
•We are currently working on final pricing and options for Model S, including the Signature Series. We expect to have updates on Model S pricing worldwide this summer.

Attachments

• tesla model s.jpg
    tesla model s.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 175
Sweet! My wife and I just put down a deposit on one for her as well. Kind of scary getting a first year production model, but should be fun.

Sweet! My wife and I just put down a deposit on one for her as well. Kind of scary getting a first year production model, but should be fun.

I completely agree that it should be fun. We have followed Tesla for over two years now, and got involved as shareholders when they went public. We have also visited the showrooms in Seattle and Boulder, CO; we were impressed with the quality of the Roadster and the focus of the company.

Congrats, on your sequence number!

Lee

This needs to be my next car! Unfortunately, Maine is not the ideal location to own one or have one regularly maintained and/or serviced :(

I think I read somewhere that they would have to send a flatbed up from NY to retrive this jewel for service. Of course my other option is to just sell my properties, uproot my family, leave my aging/ailing Mother to fate's whim... and move to a more Tesla-centric locale :D

Can anyone recommend a good moving service? ;)

These should be purchased in pairs so you can drive one while the other is charging :)

This needs to be my next car! Unfortunately, Maine is not the ideal location to own one or have one regularly maintained and/or serviced :(

I think I read somewhere that they would have to send a flatbed up from NY to retrive this jewel for service. Of course my other option is to just sell my properties, uproot my family, leave my aging/ailing Mother to fate's whim... and move to a more Tesla-centric locale :D

Can anyone recommend a good moving service? ;)

Todd,

If there isnt a service location near you they will make house calls!...but there will prob be no need as most things can be diagnosed via the internet wirelessly...the center console is a 17 inch laptop screen essentially with 3G.

There are only 18 mechanical parts on this car that can break so service is something you shouldnt worry too much about...the roadster is very reliable...and this car is low/ heavy and center of gravity is very low due to battery packs being on the floor so traction will be very good even in snow.

BTW, I am in low 3000's as I put my deposit down a few months ago.

My friends think I am crazy but I'm getting rid of my Carrera 4S now in preparation for the Model S....when I sell my car, maybe I can join some of you in the CLX club :eek::eek:

Last edited:
Todd,

If there isnt a service location near you they will make house calls!...but there will prob be no need as most things can be diagnosed via the internet wirelessly...the center console is a 17 inch laptop screen essentially with 3G.

There are only 18 mechanical parts on this car that can break so service is something you shouldnt worry too much about...the roadster is very reliable...and this car is low/ heavy and center of gravity is very low due to battery packs being on the floor so traction will be very good even in snow.
:

Thanks for the note. The temptometer is redlining! ;)

Back