System #424 (Electromotion)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaramill

Reaction score
  1. Name: Gio (handle - jaramill)
  2. Location: Glendale, AZ - USA
  3. ML Model(s):
    1. Electro-Motion Series - ESL speakers fronts [left, right]
    2. Electro-Motion Series C2 speaker

[*]Electro-Motion Series FX2 surrond rears [left, right] 04/2012
      [*]SOLD Dynamo Series - 700 Sub-woofer
      [*]Replaced with Outlaw LFM-1 EX 12" Sub-woofer 03/2012

[*]Year System Purchased: 2011 (Nov)
    [*]Modifications: None at this time.
    [*]Other home theater electronics:
    1. Flat Panel TV: Plasma Panasonic Viera TC-P55VT30 (55" Plasma 3D HD)
    2. Blu-ray Disc Player: Oppo BDP-93
    3. Audio/Video Receiver: Marantz SR7005
    4. Misc: Apple TV (wireless adapter to connect to PC to access iTunes and Internet)
    5. Misc: Netgear-XAV5004 Powerline Network Adapter-XAV5004
    6. A/V Furniture Cabinet: BDI Avion Series II - 8927 (ESPRESSO)
    7. A/V TV Mount: BDI Arena 9970 Flat Panel TV Mount for 40-Inch - 60-Inch TVs (Gloss BLACK) that goes with cabinet

Description of the 1st pic with items on top are: The BDI Avion Furniture cabinet with Arena stand. On the cabinet are 3 wireless adapters (2 vertical, 1 flat). Left is the Panasonic Viera 3DHD TV one, then in the middle is the flat Apple TV, then on the right is the Oppo Blu-ray Disc Player 93 adapter. Then the AM antenna for the AVR Marantz. Cordless phone, Netgear Powerline adapter, and also on top is the grill cover for the Electro-motion C2 center speaker, which I then put on to barely fit into the center channel speaker cabinet drawer which is the top center one with the drawer close with the foam cover. Also the wire to the left on the wall is the FM antenna.​

Attachments

• IMG_0157.JPG
    IMG_0157.JPG
    77.3 KB · Views: 1,714
  • IMG_0155.JPG
    IMG_0155.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 1,619
  • IMG_0153.JPG
    IMG_0153.JPG
    64 KB · Views: 1,763
  • IMG_0152.JPG
    IMG_0152.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 1,813
  • IMG_0160.JPG
    IMG_0160.JPG
    66.5 KB · Views: 1,660
Last edited:
Nice stuff Love the Electromotions
Thanks Beek. I really love how sleek and clean they look. That was a BIG selling point, next to sound of course. I wanted aesthetics to the room as well as sound. They are just UNIQUE :) And of course, I love how "focused" the sound is. And my new C2 really takes the bulk of the load and keeps the EM-ESL on standby.

Martin Logan Electro-Motion Surrounds (EM-FX2)

Just got these babies...and they are "hefty" babies coming in at 16.5lbs. But they mate perfectly with my ESL fronts (left, right) and EM-C2 center channel (hidden in top-center cabinet of the BDIUSA furniture). Now my 5.1 system is complete!

Update: sold the Dynamo 700 10" subwoofer and replaced with the Outlaw LFM-1 EX 12" subwoofer capable of going as low as 16hz! ULF! :)

Attachments

• IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 1,914
  • IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 2,453
  • IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 1,387
  • Outlaw LFM-1 EX Subwoofer.JPG
    Outlaw LFM-1 EX Subwoofer.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 1,438
Nice system Gio!
Thanks Churchill! Now I have to wait about a month....:( Turns out the DSP processor is defective or at least that's what Marantz thinks it is, with regards to the RIGHT, surround rear output terminals. Instead of pure white noise when doing the test tones, I'd get static with the white noise. So for it to be fixed is going to take a while as my authorized repair center is backed up for a few weeks. But glad I'm all Martin Logan 5.0 (the 0.1 is Outlaw....I'm such a rebel :D )

That's why I just bought mine.. Just got the EM C2, 2 days ago. I'm using def tech 8040 surrounds. I'm using a 12" sub and a 15" sub.. Sounds great.

I'm eager to get the FX 2's myself. Expensive,but I want all Martin Logan also. Might also look into getting a new sub.. I think the 1st thing I get might be an Emotiva X3.. Will that make a big difference with the ESL's and C2?

Now that is a great setup for movie time. Its also gona be a great 2 channel music experience with the electro's I bet them fx's sound great when there are explosions and shards of glass and shrapnel flying everywhere during a bluray. What are your impressions on the emc2 blending with the electromotion

I blends perfectly in my opinion,otherwise it would really bother me. Dialog is crisp and clear without being harsh at all. Great detail.

Back