System #379 (Source)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mstng281

Reaction score
Name: Chad
Model: Source
Year purchased: 2011
Mods: None
Equipment: Carver TFM-42 Power amp, Carver C-1 Preamp, Sony CDP-XA7ES CD player, Technics SL-1200 w/Grado Prestige Gold cartridge

I fell in love with these the first time I heard them in a local shop and finally decided to pull the trigger. They replaced a pair of Kef 104/2's which are also awesome speakers. But I definitely like the ML's better.
DSCN0428.jpg

Chad, welcome, always nice to have another analog fan in the mix !

Nice setup! How do the Carver's sound?

I like the color of the walls...though I bet that light above gives a ton of glare on the TV :p.

Hey guys. The Carvers are OK. Not my first choice. LOTS and LOTS of power though. 375 wpc @8 ohms, 500 wpc @ 4ohms. Just lacking that extra degree of "airiness" that a lot of the higher end electronics have. The 104/2's were hard for me to get rid of. I LOVED them. Plus I did the refoam job on the center "donuts" which was tedious and time consuming. But I had to sacrifice in order to get the ML's. I sold them for $500. As far as the light goes, it's a ceiling fan and I never use it. It was there when I bought the house. I have a very subtle lamp off to the left that I use. Most of the light you see is from the camera flash. But anyway, I am looking forward to many hours of listening enjoyment with these new speakers, I love them already.

Latest posts

Back