System #337 (Vantage)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Double D

1. Member Name: David

2. Location: Toronto, Ontario. Canada

3. ML Model(s): Vantage.

4. Year Purchased: 2009

5. Mods/Changes: None.... Yet.. !:ROFL:

6. Associated Electronics: Blue Circle BC303-DWBB Dual Mono tube(6922 based) Pre-amp. Blue Circle BC206 180w/ch hybrid power amp. Marantz SA-11S2 SACD/CD player. Magnum Dynalab MD102T tuner. Transparent UltraMM1 throughout. Blue Circle BC6000 and MR1200 Power filtering up front. GutWire MaxCon for the Vantages.

7. Comments and/or stories about your Martin Logan experience:
Long time ML owner, used to have Ascents, strayed back to boxes.. silly rabbit ! :mad: Back to panels. Also have had CLS 2z's in the house. May end up going back to those at some point. :cool:

Attachments

• IMG_0033a.jpg
    IMG_0033a.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 995
  • IMG_0040a.jpg
    IMG_0040a.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 988
  • IMG_0035a.jpg
    IMG_0035a.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 992
1. Member Name: David

7. Comments and/or stories about your Martin Logan experience:
Long time ML owner, used to have Ascents, strayed back to boxes.. silly rabbit ! :mad: Back to panels. Also have had CLS 2z's in the house. May end up going back to those at some point. :cool:

David, I'm assuming that system over on Audiogon with the Verity Parsifal Ovations is yours? What do you like about the Ascents over the Ovations? Beautiful system by the way! :rocker:

Yeah.. I haven't updated the system on A-gon..
I had the Verity's for 3 years, and as much as I liked a lot of what they did, I was still missing that "something" that panels bring to the table, call it uniformity, call it integration, or whatever.. I just found myself wanting it back. It also wasn't helping that my other audio friends have panels .. so, it was like slapping me in the face every time I heard there rigs.. and was a constant reminder of what I was missing.
Now.. having said all that, I will say, that the Parsifal Ovation is perhaps one of the few "box" speakers that a panel lover can live with, due to the really good driver integration going on with them, it also may be due to them running the main driver largely full range, so, the crossover intrudes less on the music.
I'm still sorting out placement issues on the Vantage.. I've been having some "issues" with that powered woofer, and the vented box.. realistically, I figure I should have stepped up to Spire.. :( as I never had this sort of issue with either the Ascent, or the Verity.

David, Welcome very nice Vantage set-up ! .....as Churchill said, the wood looks great !

Yeah, great looking setup, I'll bet it sounds great.

I've always liked the Blue Circle stuff. I wonder why more manufacturers don't use wood in their casework. Blue Circle, Lyra, Tenor and Pathos all do, and it's always gorgeous looking stuff.

Yeah, great looking setup, I'll bet it sounds great.

I've always liked the Blue Circle stuff. I wonder why more manufacturers don't use wood in their casework. Blue Circle, Lyra, Tenor and Pathos all do, and it's always gorgeous looking stuff.

they do not use it because they are stupid and it does not look "hi tech" enough I suppose maybe it's a heat issue? anyway I like the wood I think your amps look really nice.

Last edited:
Thanks all.. yeah, the wood is a custom option, carried over from the "AG" series of BC products. But I had it on my older AG3000 pre amp, so I carried it forward into the newer stuff.
BTW.. that box in the corner on the short rack is actually the power supply for the pre-amp.. :D yeah.. it's a brute..

I managed to get some major improvement out of the Vantages yesterday, the "chopping board" supports underneath them were triggering some weird resonance thing.. very odd, and after replacing it with some large slate tiles, the bass got a LOT more focused and articulate.. strange the things that end up affecting one system positively, and another adversely.. :confused:

Have you listened with and without the coffee table in the path of the speakers while optimizing your setup? I know many people (myself included) that move the table, ottoman, etc out of the way for "critical" listening.

Yes...I have moved the coffee table.. there are some gains in coherence.

Back