System #311 (Ascent)

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

groovyslick

Reaction score
Name - Jason
Location - Plano, texas
M/L - Ascent
Year purchase - 2005

Harmon Kardon Sig. 2.0 preamp
Harmon Kardon Sig. 2.5 amp
Harmon Kardon Sig. 1.5 amp
Harmon Kardon Sig. HD CD player
Denon Phono
Crown XLS 602 amp

Infinity Ref. 5 <from the 90s> my first higher end speakers...
boston acoustics towers < I use as a center>
boston acoustic rears

I design and build my subs:
2 18" kickers driven by the crown amp
one is in an acoustic suspension
one is in a tuned ported box.

This is part of my home theater system that is continually morphing. I have different settings dependant on source and situation. I.e. music it is only the MLs and subs. Movies it is all I got!

I go through upgrade levels we are on version 2.4 heading into version 3.0. I will post new photos when that happens.

if there are folks in my geographical area give me a shout lets do some listening!

Attachments

• GEDC0321.jpg
    GEDC0321.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 746
  • GEDC0322.jpg
    GEDC0322.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 751
  • GEDC0323.jpg
    GEDC0323.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 744
  • GEDC0324.jpg
    GEDC0324.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 743
  • GEDC0325.jpg
    GEDC0325.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 744
Last edited by a moderator:
I know they are big subs...but I kept blowing 12"s. I have a roughly 20 x 20 room and I cant seem to get enough thump! I am planning to add another 602 so each sub has its own amp.. hoping that will do it. I am also going to reconfigure my wiring from the preamp to amps. I got a powered distribution block..that should help!

jason

Welcome Jason I like your room , looks like a nice place to chill

Update:

Ok here is the pics from the latest update.

I added another crown XLS602 so I would have discrete amps for my subs, and boy does the extra 1200 watts make a difference! :rocker:

Also as you can see I 86ed the entertainment center and moved all the equipment to the back of the room into a rack.

Using the Nordost speaker placement pdf as a guide I found the best place for the Ascents and used the flashlight to get the proper angle. I then made sure they were level! I am extremely happy with the sound I have getting! SO much depth and detail!! :music:

I also replaced my Boston Acoustic rears with a pair of B&W DM610i

I am planning to upgrade my Boston Acoustics as my center to Magnapan MMG-W in sept.

I am also drooling over an integra pre,and with it moving to a 7.1 for movies, and eventually a new LED tv.

I have relegated my Ascents to only music now! So when I am doing 2 channel listening it is the Ascents and the 18" sub in a sealed box. They marry really well..its sweet!

This hobby is just too damn expensive!

Update: Pics

here are the pics

Attachments

• IMG_0636.jpg
    IMG_0636.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 476
  • IMG_0637.jpg
    IMG_0637.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 477
  • IMG_0638.jpg
    IMG_0638.jpg