Summits running in

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
P

pharmacyman

Summits are on their way:D , just wondered how long they needed to run in and if anyone had any advise on how best to do this. Cheers

Summits are on their way:D , just wondered how long they needed to run in and if anyone had any advise on how best to do this. Cheers

Congrats! I'd recommend playing music through them...for about 6 months. Tell you what, I'm feeling generous what with the season and all. Have them shipped to me in Colorado and I'll do it for you. Merry Christmas!

Seriously though, I've used the Ayre burn in disc to great effect, but as many here would advise, including myself, just play as much music through them as possible. Hit repeat on your CD player or run your tuner through them all day and night.

Happy Listening

:welcome:

The Squeezebox is great for break-in. Shuffle-play your entire music collection or within a genre. That way break-in playback is not only endless and randomized but also entertaining.

breakin

why waste all that good time and music set down and listen to them and enjoy the break in period.

It's taken mine about 6 months averaging around 20 odd hours a week.

My 2 cents

Having owned the Summits for about a year now, my sense is that you'll hear most of what the Summits will do after 100 hours or so. I'd recommend playing material with a lot of bass to break in the woofs.

GG

Just listen to them and enjoy them. Only one thing is for certain - they will start to sound better, not worse. An un-broken in Summit is still better than most speakers out there - just enjoy them!

Latest posts

Back