Summit Sweden

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TTC

Reaction score
Hi!
Greetings from Sweden
I bought my ML Summit: We haven´t got the X in Seden. Is it possible to upgrade to X in any way?

I compared the Summit with a lot of competitors like Sonus Faber, Audio Physics, Focal. The Summit was the best. Especially the clearness (drums) and a powerfull bass.
My system:
Summit with Zu Libtec cables
Krell Kav 400 i
Cleraraudio Performance vinyl/Dynavector D 17 PU
Dynavector P75 Phono amp
Meridian G6.02 CD
I listen a lot to vinyl and jazz(American) like Chick Corea, Mike Stern, Brecker Bros etc.
Which link is the weakest in my system. Which way is the best to upgrade?

/Tommy from Stockholm

Hi, Tommy, and welcome. The possibility of an upgrade from Summit to Summit X was much discussed and anticipated on this website, but it has not materialized. From what others have said here, it does not appear that it will happen, either. :( Of course, the Summit is already an excellent speaker, so we owners will have to enjoy what we already have. Also, there seems to be widespread agreement that the best move up from the Summit is to the CLX. The gap from the Summit to Summit X is not seen as being wide enough to justify the additional expense.

Best wishes,
Craig

Hi Craig!
Interesting to hear from you.
I think I keep my Summit then. I´m very satified with them but you have to sit when listening to them, but so what.

What about my system? Do you think I can get better sound with small changes?

Do you have ML Summit. Interesting to know what equipment you have
/Tommy

It looks like you have a fine system, Tommy. I don't know some of your equipment from personal experience, so it's hard for me to say where you might best make an improvement. Perhaps someone else on this board will have a suggestion.

Hi Tommy

Welcome to MLC!. You do have a very nice collection of gear. I have Summits with monoblocks and a BAT tube preamp. From my own experience, I think your weak link is the Dynavector P75. I ran the Dynavector P75 for awhile and found it to be too inferior to the rest of my gear. It was a bit noisy and the midrange was muddy. There are much better phono preamps to be had and the Summits are good at revealing the sometimes large, sometimes subtle differences. In my case I made a big jump from the P75 to a Rega IOS, and cleaned up the midrange by a huge margin. It's almost like my Summits became a different speaker.

There are more choices that others here may want to chime in on.

Last edited:
Back