Spire Placement in Room

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fusion2007

Reaction score
Untitled.jpg

I would like to get everyones advice on where to place the ML's. i can put up more pictures of my room for you guys to get a better idea.
my room is a bit odd, but any advice you guys can give me to get optimum sound in my current enviroment will be much appreciated.

most things in the room are movable.

Last edited:
Wall WITH bed 15 feet

wall accross bed is 22 feet

from the door to the desk its 20 feet

picture is updated as well

i usually move the couch out in front of the speakers for the best effect right now. but im thinking of redoing all of it to be honest. i want the whole room to essentially be able to sound good with it

Last edited:
get rid of the bed and couch, position your Spires against the 15' wall 40-48" out, 40" off side walls, toe in to suit; listening position, 11-13' back, treat corners for bass loading as well as first point of reflection (ie window !), pour adult beverage of choice, sit back listen to music and enjoy !!........:rocker:

Do you have to keep the bed? If so put it on wall opposite the speakers and then your chair/couch in form of that. Are there windows, door in room?

Where do you put your electronics that feed the speakers?

J

Last edited:
Do you have to keep the bed? If so put it on wall opposite the speakers and then your chair/couch in form of that. Are there windows, door in room?

Where do you put your electronics that feed the speakers?

J

unfortunatly i do i have to keep the bed. the electronics right now are under the desk. but they can be placed anywhere.

get rid of the bed and couch, position your Spires against the 15' wall 40-48" out, 40" off side walls, toe in to suit; listening position, 11-13' back, treat corners for bass loading as well as first point of reflection (ie window !), pour adult beverage of choice, sit back listen to music and enjoy !!........:rocker:

that was my initial plan, but my gf makes the bed worth it haha

well given that, then with the situation at hand, you have major compromises to work with....good luck, you'll need it ! I suggest you save your pennies for a legitimate listening enviroment

Given your windows and doors, you do have some issues. I would just bring your speakers out a few feet from the walls and see if that helps.
The spire manual has suggestions for listener positions and tilt of the speakers.

J

Back