Speaker placement

MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum

Help Support MartinLogan Audio Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmss66

Reaction score
I am torn on speaker placement. I have two Tickets and two Helos 100. My dilemma is which way to go with the front and surround. Should I go with the Tickets for fronts in wall and Helos 100 for the in ceiling surround? Please help me to get the right and better setup for these speakers.

The tickets can be installed in wall but the Helos 100 can only go in ceiling.
Thanks

It's hard for me to imagine having in-ceiling speakers in the front or center. They are fine as rear/side speakers, but you want the main speakers on more or less the same plane as the screen itself so that the sound is not widely separated from what is being watched.

Last edited:
I am leaning towards placing the Ticket as front and Helos as surround. The room dimension is so awkward that I have to put the front speakers on opposite side of the wall. There is not enough space on the wall after the TV has been mounted.

Thanks for your reply.

It sounds like you have a difficult layout. Post a picture of the front wall if you can. There might be some possibilities you have not thought of.

Back